ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup Tyres?

Cup 172
I have been Running Yokohama a539's on my cup for the last few thousand miles and have been happy with them, but when i first had them fitted i chose to go for the original tyre width (195's) and have found them to be very streched over the rim. leaving the wheel rim very exposed.

I am now getting ready to get some new rubber and am thinking of having the same tyre but 205 width (which is the same width as fitted to a trophy even though the rims are no wider)

What are other peoples experiences?

Cheers

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
205/40/16 Parada spec 2 is what ive gone for after 195/45/16 a539's. Never looked back. I had same issue with the way yoko 195's fit as well.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
am i the only person that had scrubbing with 205's??? only lowered on sportlines but it was just catching on lock. went for 195 conti's in the end.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I run 195/45/R16 Uniroyal RainSports on my Cup. They have a rim protector lip to stop kerbing damage. They aren't stretched and fit perfectly. Full set delivered for £180 from mytyres.co.uk.

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Soz for late reply, Look fine i was under the impression that if you went wider you also went lower to keep the profile the same as its a percentage of the width not a measurement. So 195/45 205/40 wider tyre but same wall height? May be wrong but they look no different in height to me. I only went 205 as yoko's dont seem to be as wide as any other tyre - as mentioned above with the strecthed look of 195's a539's

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
I run 195/45/R16 Uniroyal RainSports on my Cup. They have a rim protector lip to stop kerbing damage. They aren't stretched and fit perfectly. Full set delivered for £180 from mytyres.co.uk.

£180? Got a link mate?