ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhaust

Hi

This has probably been asked a million times already. Im after an aftermarket exhaust for my 172. Im after something quite throaty (like in taxi if u have seen the film!) and something that really screams when u put your foot down. I was considering mongoose, but im starting to consider maybe K-tech or a supersprint after reading some posts on here. Also wheres the best place to buy?

Thanks!

Andy

well if you want stupidly loud then gotta be supersprint race system with decat 70mm all the way through

i was the first one with one on here and its erm a tad loud but rather a nice exhaust

Lee

BMW M2C

You need to be careful what you are saying. Dogmaul has set a whole new level of loud when it comes to exhausts :eek:;)

I think i read your post with that earlier. Id like to keep my cat. Cant be bothered with swapping it over every year for the MOT. Is supersprint a stainless exhaust? They must do a cat back

nope no cat back as its for racing

its t304 stainless very very high quality and alot lighter than the standard one

they do a street system but dunno what its like and thats cat back

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive got a Magnex cat back system going on this Saturday, but Im guessing that may be a little tame for you. The K tec ones are quite a lot louder, even the quiet one!!

I heard dogmauls supersprint last week, and now i have one on my car:D

If you want a loud exhaust its got to be this one

will be at donnington on the 26th if you are there?

lol, so i am finding out lee. Think i will look into the cat back system. Such a hard choice to buy exhausts without knowing its going to have the right sound for you

thats the problem i had with been the first one on here to have one i didnt know how loud it was i got told its very loud but the k-tec is supposed to be loud but its almost silent compared to the supersprint mine measured 90db at idle the other day

I wont be at donny im afraid, off to lanzarote to escape the cold! You will have to let me know what you think of your magnex lee. I had one on my XR3i a few years ago, and it sounded nice a and deep.

Im thinking that K tech is most probably the one for me!

90db at idle - I knew it would be loud mate!

To pass the sound test for any tracks you are going to have to just stuff wire wool into the back box..... itll calm it down for the standing sound test and then just get flung out as you go round hehehehehe

Im gonna sound test mine when I get it back...... but I think Id better test the front as well as the back LoL

ICE'dberg MK2 172

K-tec is the one to go for. You can choose how loud you want it!!

I had the LOUD one on for a while but was too loud for an old duffer like me so went back for the quiet one....which is still loud but the missus is pleased now the plates dont fall out the cupboard when I start it in the garage!!!

Ive got Chris172s old K-Tec and can confirm it is loud!

Its definitely throaty and you get a real scream from it when giving it some large :D I love it!

As long as you prefer your exhausts on the loud side, then the K-Tec is fine - mine has been on for about 8 months now and Im still happy with it. It sounds quite different outside than it does in the car - almost touring car-esque. Got Neil (Flying Scotsman) to drive mine whilst I stood at the side of the road - I could hear him coming from the other side of a hill before I even saw the car!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by The_Gza on 17 October 2003

Ive got Chris172s old K-Tec and can confirm it is loud!

Its definitely throaty and you get a real scream from it when giving it some large :D I love it!

As long as you prefer your exhausts on the loud side, then the K-Tec is fine - mine has been on for about 8 months now and Im still happy with it. It sounds quite different outside than it does in the car - almost touring car-esque. Got Neil (Flying Scotsman) to drive mine whilst I stood at the side of the road - I could hear him coming from the other side of a hill before I even saw the car!
Gza...

I did warn you before hand but glad you still like it. I loved it but the wife said it had to go. Broke too many plates in the kitchen..LOL!!!

The sound was just awesome although a bit boomy on the motorway, but the growl was great. The quiet system has exactly the same throaty sound.... but a tad bit more bareable.

Good choice