ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Flamer v RB 182...

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I've had my flamer for 3 and a half years and love it, but I have always like the RB 182's. I don't use the flamer much, it's in great condition and I personally think it's the best colour 172. I do however think the RB 182 is the best colour 182 (like the yellow, but not as much as the RB).

I don't really fancy getting a different car (I've go the Saxo for a track day or two this year), I want to stick with a 1*2 as I think they are fun, quick enough, well equipped (well enough for me), and suits me fine. They aren't refined or anything like that, but neither am I.....

Any opinions? RB 182, or 172 Flamer?????

c491e7a1.jpg

197 RB
Stick with the flamer. You'll have to start all over again if you buy another car. Maybe go with some more adventurous plans for the flamer to reignite (pun intended) your interest in the car :clap:

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
There's no real lost interest, still like driving it I just like the RB. I don't mind starting again, as long as I find one in reasonable condition I can do everything it needs.

I like them relatively standard.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
My Flamer and my wifes RB. although I went the LY way in the end I think you'll miss your Flamer when it's gone

CARS1.jpg

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I'd try to convince the wife to buy a RB, but she has only had her Corsa for a year so won't be getting shot of that quickly.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Shame, having the LY and Rb parked out the front looks great. Having said that the flamer and the RB looked good too :p

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
There's not really any point if it's just for the colour.
Assuming yours is in good mechanical nick, you'd just opening yourself to all sorts of potential problems - You could end up with a dog.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Some good points there. There's nothing at all wrong with the flamer and I could end up buying a dog. I could sort most things but it's been easy motoring with the Flamer, so why spoil it.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Some good points there. There's nothing at all wrong with the flamer and I could end up buying a dog. I could sort most things but it's been easy motoring with the Flamer, so why spoil it.

If RB is a must colour then i don't see why not just buy one, even more so if you buy from a Cliosport member. The car might be known and looked after, there's no guarantees in anything but no need to rush in to get one.