ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - How much Fuel to a tank or tenner

Outta curiousity whats everyone getting to a tank of fuel ?

As i put in a tenner of V Power yesterday @ £106.9 per litre and only got about 70-80 miles and the petrol light came on :(

Does this sound about right ?

Think i'll go fillit right up tomorrow and see what i get to a tank ;)

Clio 172 Sport
That V Power is a con, I filled up on it once and only averaged an extra 2mpg. Im getting around 250-260 miles from a normal tank of fuel.

Black Gold 182
It does seem to last alot longer when I put V Power in mine. Probs not worth it in the short term, but it is a cleaner fuel so the occasional tank wouldnt hurt.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
fella go to Sainsbury. 102.9 for super! And it's BP ultimate. Both from grangemouth!

I get 100miles to 30£ think yourself lucky!

BMW F21 125d
Full Tank - 46 or so litres @ 106.9p at the moment.
325 miles per tank.
So thats 10.2 gallons, which is near enough 32mpg.
(Even though the computer says 34.8!)
Around £50 to fill the tank, = 15.3p per mile!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This again :)

I dont see what the problem is, "hot-hatch" And economy dont go together! If you want to go to the moon and back on a tank of fuel buy a Citroen C1, 993cc 3 cylinder bad boy, mother has one.

780 mile to a tank and £15 for road tax.

It wouldnt pull your granny of your grandad but then it wasnt designed for that! :eek:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

I dont see what the problem is, "hot-hatch" And economy dont go together! If you want to go to the moon and back on a tank of fuel buy a Citroen C1, 993cc 3 cylinder bad boy, mother has one.

It wouldnt pull your granny of your grandad but then it wasnt designed for that! :eek:

When you do 600 miles a week, it is nice to know if your fuel ecomony is ok.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

When my Citroen van goes in for servicing, i quite often have one of these as a courtesy car i quite like them :eek:

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I don't really pay attention to the mpg I get out of mine. I only use a tank and a bit a month. It's not far off the economy of the Missus' 1.6 Vectra, though.

VW Caddy Van
I get about 50 - 70 miles to a tenner. I have 3/4 a tank atm tho computer says i'll get 265 miles to it at 26.4mpg. It's drinking fuel atm due to my lambda sensor being screwed. New one in the car tho so will see if i can beat 371miles before a wee top up

Monaco RS Clio 172
if I drive sensibly, 70 miles to 10 quid, 90 if I go proper granny.

fastish driving, 60.

flat out maybe 25 at best lol.. seemed that way...

usually stick 20 or 40 vpower in when I fill up so, whatever financies allow

320d
That sounds like good economy to me. My 1.2 averages 38 mpg, thats driving normally around town to work and back etc at rush hour so i'm using loads of petrol not even moving.

172 Cup
The coilpack on my Cup failed recently and I had my girlfriends 1.2 16V for 3 days. My commute is 25miles about 70% DC and 30% town driving. I don't normally push the car that hard or drive grannyish/. My 172 normally gets 36-40mpg. The 1.2 only managed 40-43 so not a massive differenence considering the performance difference. I did find caus eI'v ebeen used to driving faster car that I had to push the 1.2 a bit more.....

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I dont see what the problem is, "hot-hatch" And economy dont go together!

Thats one of the great things about the 1*2's imo they do go together;)
Can't beat a bit of thread resurrection lol.

It might very well do 40mpg and im not disputing that.

But it was built with the intention that they were to be driven fast making for poorer fuel economy although i must admit before i got the 172 i thought it would have been alot worse than this lol:eek:

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've had just over 400 with granny/sensible driving from full lol. When pushing the fun pedal more I usually see about 320 - 340.