ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Hub

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Hiya,

Just had new front bearings pressed into the PH1 hubs and noticed one of the connecting arms for the calliper has bent. Anybody have any idea what material the hubs are ? I thought there were cast iron but from what I've seen, cast iron does not like to bend ! Hoping I can heat up the arm in a vice and straighten it back out.

Cheers

205 GTIS
I wouldn't fancy reusing a bent caliper mount, theyre cast steel but theyre not going to take too kindly to being bent and reformed you'll just end up work hardening the material, making it susceptable to fatigue. I can only assume that the bearing was very poorly supported when the bearing was pressed in.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I wouldn't fancy reusing a bent caliper mount, theyre cast steel but theyre not going to take too kindly to being bent and reformed you'll just end up work hardening the material, making it susceptable to fatigue. I can only assume that the bearing was very poorly supported when the bearing was pressed in.

I'm quite surprised they bent in the first place given the strength of them, however I suspect you are correct regarding how. I'd like to avoid replacing them if possible, the front bearings are pretty steep for what they are, not to mention I've just spent an arm and a leg replacing all of the suspension and steering with an engine and gearbox build still to go !

205 GTIS
Take it back to who ever did it and complain. It's up to you ultimately but I certainly wouldn't run it on any of my cars. It's not worth the hassle.