ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 induction feed, where does it go???

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The air feed which runs down behind the headlight into the arch somewhere, where does it go and how can I get to it?
It appears to split off into 2. I tried pushing a piece of flex down it earlier to see where it went but it came to an obstuction. Is this the 20mph valve?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
So is the valve at the end of the visible pipe Fred. where is the entry to this pipe and can it be modified/exposed to allow a free'er flow?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hi mate, i'm lookin at this issue as well, there's a post in media, showing feed positions.

Clio 172 Sport
Basically once u have taken out your old air box u should be left wit the air feed running down behind your headlight. this is attached to an air intake valve which is a noise reducing valve. The feed pipe comes off with a bit of a pull as i done mine the other day and is not connect to the valve by any means of screws etc as it is just pushed over the shoulder of the valve.

Tha actual valve is connected to a bracket on the inside of your bumper via a bolt or 2 and can be removed by removing the bolts. The trouble is the horn is also attached to this bracket so the bracket and horn need putting back on once valve is removed.

This valve requires removing if your installing a new IK with new air feed as it is no-longer needed due to removing the old air box and also the space is needed for the new air feed to get down to the bumper.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
So the valve is just below the headlight. Where does the pipe exit into the bodywork?