ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 insurance - who’s best

Im with Tesco at the moment, but they wont budge on the renewal quote. Im 32, with 9 years NCB so it shouldnt be too much! Can anyone recommend a better insurer, preferably one who doesnt mind alloys/air filter/springs as mods without charging a fortune.

Anyone tried elephant.co.uk - their online quote was very good!

im with elephant 18 years old on a willy. just recently it got broken into they paid up straight away let me take it to any garage i wanted. replace the ice with anything i wanted upto my limit (630). order the ice on tuesday wednesday morning it was at my door. they were quite cheap on the ice as well . go with them been with them on all of my cars no problems

Elephant have always been fine for me - dont know how they calculate their quotes though as they seam cheap for me but some of my mates (in the same age / risk bracket) have got massive quotes from them.

Also if your under 25 add one of your parents (if they have an immaculate record) on as it dropped my renewal by £150 having my dad as a names 2nd driver!!!

Tom

Tesco and Direct Line are the same company - Royal Bank of Scotland. Theres never a great deal of variation between their quotes. Try Halifax or their "e-sure" brand for people with 4years plus NCB.

tesco about £35 cheaper than directline even though same company! for exactly the same cover,and cheaper replacement car cover too,liverpool victoria about same as d/line,bloody elephant quoted me nearly £500 more than direct line ffs!

Thanks for the tips!

What I find weird is that Tescos online quote was over £50 cheaper than my renewal quote, yet when I phoned them up they point-blank refused to price match, even to their own site!! When I phoned Barclaycard up they said they use the same company as Tesco and would just take £10 off whatever your renewal was....

Insurance - dont ya just hate it!

Tescos did that with me. Just let your insurance run out and renew it online. Thats what I did and I saved hundreds of pounds over what they asked for on my renewal notice.

Elephant were also utterly useless on the phone and refused to answer any questions, preferring to point me to the web site! No wonder they save money - they obviously pay gimps peanuts for Customer Services.

Direct Line are winning so far....

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

im with elephant.full no claims 31 and girlfriend 24,clean liscence etc etcand got it for £650..not to bad i think...