ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mk2 cup trip keeps resetting itself?

Clio Sport Cup 172
Hello there a happy new year to all. i have a small problem
with my clio cup if the engine is off for more than 2 mins the trip thingy completely resets itself all the mpg the average speed etc. The mileage dosnt but the rest does any suggestions at all would be much appreciated.
also does anyone know if the interior courtesy light comes on automatically when the door is opened my has never done since ive brought it it has a bulb that functions fine baffles me.

many thanks andy

Clio Sport Cup 172
hi ya thanks for the reply um honestly i dont know car is 03 reg
have no battery recipts etc when i brought it. i also had a problem with the door sensor light coming of and on you know on the dash it kept saying door was open then closed would that be linked to battery ?? do you think to change that start at basics i suppose cold weather etc

many thanks andy

can't help with your interior light, but the mileage resetting is apparently a common symptom of a battery that's on the way out (think mine lasted a few months before it eventually died) - probably best to renew it before it lets you down

Clio Sport Cup 172
thank you ever so much for that will change the battery
does your cup light come on when you open the door?

Clio Sport Cup 172
i hate the cold roll on the summertime so i can wash it and put the window down.
thank lads for all the advise im changing the battery in about 2 hours when i get out of this damn work place

if any one has advise on the interior light situation please let me know just to say problem again it dosnt come on when i open the door cheers andy

does your cup light come on when you open the door?

it does; there's a switch beneath the door striker latch in the b-pillar. they complete the circuit by going to ground as the door opens - not sure what else could be up (fuses, etc?) but i'd start by looking at the switches

Clio Sport Cup 172
hi ya mate i brought 2 new switches from renault they have a rubber cap on them look bit like a nipple ?? is that what you mean

cheers andy sorry to sound dumb

don't worry. the nipple is the plunger of the switch - there'll be an electrical contact on the base of the plunger and, as the door is shut, the plunger is pushed in, breaking the contact. as you open the door, the plunger returns, making contact and completing the circuit.

i've not had them out so don't know how they're fixed in but would start by looking at how they come out and then replacing them (or cleaning up any corrosion on the existing ones) to see if that sorts it