ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1 rear hub nuts wont undo! :(

arghhhhh!!!

now just to make sure im not being a total spaz which way does the hubnut come of on the passenger side rear,

mine just will not shift, at all!! even with a huge breaker bar and me standing on it so want to do a quick sanity check here...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
had this trouble with my 1.2 ph1 today but i got my trusty air gun on the job :cool:

thats what i thought, the bloody thing is stuck fast!!!...

right better get back into the garage and find that scaffold pole...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Soak in duck-oil and leave for a good while mate.

With a bit of luck the oil will seep into the thread and provide a bit of give

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
have you got a blow torch? warm the nut up a bit then try again, should help it come loose

doing that can f**k the bearing if u heat it up to much, just get a reallly long bar and it should budge

try some heat, or get your breaker bar and large metal pole and get some leverage on it

make sure your useing a 6 point socket too!!!, dont wana round it off

PH-QUICK
GCSE physics comes to the rescue. The force about a point is proportional to the moment times the length.

(This may be completely incorrect)

update! finished it all off last night

i managed to get the hub nut of by using the breaker bar, scaffold pole and a load of WD40! :) i literally had to stand on the scaffold pole (whilst doing a great balancing act) to get the bugger undone!!

looks like who ever fitted it before didn't bother with the hub nut cap cover, so it rusted and seized to buggery! and as for the other side it looked like it had some cheapo hub nut, ie it didnt even have the large flat part at the back of the nut!!

thanks for the help everyone :)