ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ph2 new owner

clio 172, mk1 caddy
Hi all im Jage, aerospace student, studying in london, staying at girlfriends in farnham and home being over near wales!

Picked myself up a monaco blue ph2 172 yesterday afternoon that needs tidying up. Bodywork is in good condition, cars on 94k and due belts soon but for under £600 with mot im not exactly complaining!

Needs a headlight polishing and some scratched bits inside but all shall be dealt with. Bought it by accident in a mad few minutes on ebay which was interesting, now need to get rid of a couple of cars due to having a saxo vtr show car, 106 gti, 106 rallye and a mk1 caddy 20vt (hoarder i know)

Need to find someone in the surrey area that can do my rear wheel bearings as i have no tools at uni unfortunately and live 130 miles away! Dont fancy driving it back over as it isnt in great shape (the bearing that is) gonna tidy it up a bit before using on the occasional trackday!

Shall get some pics today :)

clio 172, mk1 caddy
Ye did it today! Drivers side only took me 20 minutes, funny that they share a rear caliper with peugeots!

Found a right bodge passenger side where someone had heli coiled the pad carrier thread tho :(

By luck I had a spare caliper from my rallye in the shed so took me about an hour but swapped the whole caliper which was a god send in the end as the piston seal was damaged and the calipers didn't match! Now they do and braking is 100x better with no noises whatsoever :)
Passedmot with no advisories too which for a car which had a list of faults aslong my arm when I bought it or supposedly had and iv only changed the discs I'm a happy bunny haha