ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Rear Brakes Needed

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I was gonna buy some brakes from ebay
Mintex rear discs with Bearings, abs rings and mintex pads
£95 plus £12 postage, Bargin I thought.

"THE MOTORIST CAR PARTS WAREHOUSE" (company Name)
I rang them up to confirm the price and a guy answered the phone
with a "yeah", this diddn't fill me with confidence, they confirmed the
price so I hung up and got back to the computer, there now
£99 with £14.75 postage!
P1ss Take!

Not sure if this link will work but this is them.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Category=10410&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2

Where does everyone elses get there rear brakes from?
I need them with bearings and ABS rings.

Any help would be cool.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I was a bit skeptical when I saw the full front set of discs and pads was 62 quid delivered.

I expect at 9 quid a piece it's just the disc and nothing else.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I was a bit skeptical when I saw the full front set of discs and pads was 62 quid delivered.

I expect at 9 quid a piece it's just the disc and nothing else.

It does appear that it would be cheaper to buy those discs
and get separate bearings and ABS rings.

Ive dona a bit of a search and it does seem that people buy generic
discs from anywhere as the back only do 25% of the brakeing.

172 Cup
I've got the eurocarparts ones on mine as well. You are also best getting new hub nuts as well on the rear rather than re-using.

25% I'd be surprised if the rear brakes were contributing more than 5%-10%!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Get a price from Renault a few weeks ago they were cheap i got mine through Andrew page iirc.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
You buy cheap you get cheap!

Or you get OE gear for less than Renault would charge you. I opened the box for mine and it had QH discs and Mintex pads.

The discs and pads you buy from Renault are made by OE companies, like QH, Brembo and Mintex. The quality is the same, it's just the price that is different. Buying expensive doesn't mean you're getting better gear.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'll be getting mine from Fred, standard Renault ones with bearings pressed in and ABS rings, he charges 100 quid posted.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Just a little deviation, how do you go about getting rear discs for a 172 cup, seeing as they don't have ABS? Can you buy the discs seperate from the ABS ring?

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Yeah. I just changed mine. £69 for drilled and grooved with the bearings pressed and new hub nuts. Bought some EBC redstuff to go with them for £30.