ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 replica's

dad has a aston v8, rs4 new style cab, and aston db7 vantage volante, mum has an rs6, so if you wanna brag about having a great car at such and such an age, go for it.

so?

show me where i'm "bragging" about having a clio for f**ks sake!
seems like you're the one who's got his c**k out.

I dont get the "replica" thing thats all. Never have.

Seems most people regret it eventually but hey ho :rolleyes:

i was pissed at the time and i did apologise for that comment, but it seems like you are too old to see that as well maybe??

why did you feel the need to make a comment on something that a group of people enjoy doing??

not entirely sure why i am even rising to this at all . . . .

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The fact is, we are all here because we enjoy our cars (mainly Clios') and the majority of us enjoy spending, or should I say wasting money on our cars. Wether we fit a 172 kit to a 1.2 or fit coilies, uprated brakes and 'bodies to a 172, we are all spending the cash which we won't recoup at sale time. We are paying higher insurance either way no matter what we do.

Let's not argue, debate and pontificate, let's agree to disagree, appreciate that others will not see the world in the same light as we do but most of all, enjoy what we are doing.

Last edited:
  RB 197 fatty
nice! ^^^ or in other words, who gives a tossing flying ****, lets all just get on with it!

very well worded indeed, in a nutshell mate.

Get this man a seat in the commons!

al

ST on the way...
Let's not argue, debate and pontificate, let's agree to disagree, appreciate that others will not see the world in the same light as we do but most of all, enjoy what we are doing.

I'm gonna save that for future use :approve: lol

Mercedes C Class Sport
That looks as if its had a lot of work done on it.

Are the indicators in the doors next to the R Sport badge? None on wings, and if its inferno, it must have been resprayed?

now im not so full of alcohol, where is the diamond on the front? or is it midway completion?

love it btw, great work, one of a kind, and what a colour!!!:cool:

jamie

Wasnt completed then but is now, looks so so nice. Only thing that gives it away as a rep is the rear drums and the sunroof. Anyone in the Warrington area will more than likely see it pretty soon!

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
17395979a2661543012b277347108l.jpg

see, this I get. Not trying to be anything other than a nicely modded clio. No 2.0 badges, no sport badges........just a nice kit, lowered, zorst, wheels - cushty.

anyway like I said, probably too old to understand.

thanks mate - i totally agree, i never once contemplated putting a 2.0badge or sport badge near it

mainly because i wanted a smooth look - but to anyone anyway my car was obviously a deisel between the black soot on the twin exhaust or the awful engine noise lol

i got what i planned to achieve with my car and that was a magazine feature in Ireland top car modifying magazine which i was chuffed about!

as for resale....i ended up selling a lot of the parts but i sold the car with just the bodykit and crappy 17s for £4400 - it was an 03 with 57k - made maybe another £1/1.5k selling parts

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
youurrrr all c***s!

what the f**k is wrong with making a replica - stop been so pathetic and crying about it.

why do people by a mk1 clio and stick volvo engines in? why do people buy mr2's and make a ferrari replica out of them?

its a good chuffing hobby and its fun. stop been stuck been stuck up!

Renaultsport Mégane R26
I was originally going to turn my 1.2 16V Dynamique into a 172 rep but then thought "why not just save up and buy one"....

TO be fair I did upgrade my wheels to mk2 16" 172 rims, and this was very worthwhile, its amazing how much more grip you get from lower profile tyres which are slightly wider...

However, in the end I stopped the project after the wheels and put the cash into the bank, and that is why I am now patiently waiting for my Megane R26 to arrive in April!!

Dave

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
nothing wrong with reps at all imo!

some of them look better and are nearly always cared for better than some RS' on here!

top work lads

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
clearly mine wasnt a rep 172, it just uses a lot of the parts but all those parts were customised!

love yours boydie mate, always have, was desperate to find the pics that were in the old forum gallery so could look how you did the exhaust

jamie

Clio
Reps are the way forward, and like immi said earlier surely its better than turning them into chav cars with lexus lights, zorst, mass off crap alloys made of chocolate!! Its not like we go around saying "oh yeh mate its a 2.0l" when it comes to selling the buyer knows that its obviously not, we just think that the sport look is good, unfortunately for us young ones insurance is a b**ch!!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
IMO, the run out Campus should have had an RS look-a-like option, as Seat did with the Leon Cupra R becoming the run out FR.

love that one batman mate, nice one, not keen on how small the wheels are, but evil as has been said :)

jamie

M

mini-valver

ClioRuss, Please dont, that would be wrong! The angular line n the boot is completely wrong on the car!

D

dick

ye russ its minging.

flat tailgates look too plain. speshly on a clio, the reg pla takes the bubblynesss out of it a bit

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
^^^Looks like a mince wagon in comparison, although it's much more to my taste.

ClioRuss, Please dont, that would be wrong! The angular line n the boot is completely wrong on the car!

agreed!

immi i may be a pic *****, but you are a wheel w***e and pic w***e, so doubly as bad lol

Mikey, get your damn car modded you mincer ;) wheels in anthra look good on blues mate, so go for it lol

jamie

Clio

agreed!

immi i may be a pic *****, but you are a wheel w***e and pic w***e, so doubly as bad lol

Mikey, get your damn car modded you mincer ;) wheels in anthra look good on blues mate, so go for it lol

jamie

i think lowering is first priority, then wheels refurbed and sprayed, then colour coding, then im gonna get your postcode come down with some tools at night and booyah, i have myself a sport kit :cool:

80MPG BEEZA
im thinking on getting some kei kruze's in 17's in black with a chrome lip? grr i dont know ive already had 3 sets of wheels! i need to replace my fron seats as i have a rip in my drivers seat :(