ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Sent back

BMW 320d Sport

lol

Anyway James, I think youve done right. Were in the 21st century now; how hard can it be for a manufacturer who must spend millions on car design to build a car that doesnt rattle and squeak? Its just laziness and shonky build. OK we all joke about French build quality but when most people talk about plasticky, rattly French motors, theyre talking about the cars from the 80s and 90s. People shouldnt have to put up with it from a brand new car. It doesnt matter how minor the problem is - if its a defect that irritates the owner then they should complain.

Im the same about rattles and squeaks, I cant stand them, I can live with all the creaking noises etc in my Clio because I know what they are, but if one suddenly appears that wasnt there before, I will pull over there and then to find out what it is.

guys guys, cmon chill out, we all see the probs, if we dont like we dont like, if we can deal we deal and be happy with whats good, theres no need for b**ch scrappin! CMON!!!!! Were all a friendly group really!!!! ;)

now slarty & james kiss and make up!!!!!

we see both your points!

Lets get down to what really matters..................i have the GREATEST CLIO IN THEEEEE WOOORLD!!!! :D LOL!

MY CARS THE BEST!!! ITS GOT A FULLY SICK GHETTO FABULOUS STEPS CD IN IT. GIVES IT 50 BREAK ON EVERYONE ELSE!!! :D

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

I thought Steps is more like 60 ? LOL

What do you think Captain ?

Danny buy my Ecotek mate it give 100 miles more per tank and 500bhp increase...

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

LOL @ Dan.

Now if you buy some Bleep Bleep Bleep Bloop Bloop Bloop music thats good for only 40bhp but play it with the windows down and really loud and you can get another 60 on top of the 40..

Renault were on the verge of bankruptcy three years ago and are still struggling. Course they wont fix your motor whne its f**ked, aftersales cost money they dont have

Quote: Originally posted by DannyBoy on 25 October 2002

MY CARS THE BEST!!! ITS GOT A FULLY SICK GHETTO FABULOUS STEPS CD IN IT. GIVES IT 50 BREAK ON EVERYONE ELSE!!! :D

DannyBoy - read the bit to the left - it clearly states that mine is the best 172 in the world - now yours might be a cup, but its still a 172 Cup so it clearly cannot be the best !!!! sorry, you tried to stake the claim too late honey !!!! :D :D

Bentleys of Sheffield?

Is that the one that use to be the Subaru dealer by per chance (they damaged my sill guards at the first service and tried fobbing me off and they didnt do the brakes or the sump guard up on my mates car which was under 1 yr old so he wasted a new alloy)

Think that says it all ;)

Tony:D

I would like to praise Renault Croydon who sorted out all the probs with my 172 M2 under warrantee. The car is only 7 months but this is just some of the items they have fixed:

Blown catalytic converter, adjusted headlights, replaced drivers seat bracket, resolved rattle in the centre of the dash, fitted hands free kit flush to the dash, replaced busted Sat Nav screen etc..........

Would it be an idea to have some sort of page that contained all the common faults on this model. I keep seeing posting about blown cats and I had to wait almost 2 months for the part to come from France.

Just a thought........

I think that would be very useful m8.

My own experiences of Reno (Kitchens Renault Burnley) have been first class.

Anything I have been concerned about they have fixed. Sometimes they want to try a few things first, and that can be annoying if they dont work, but, if its a logical, if time consuming, approach, then fairy nuff.

Often its a matter of working with them.

Joe.. :D

I found the source of rattle myself in my Clio. I took the roof lining out to dry it out (Yea, I had a leaking sunroof seal) and I found a bolt just lying there - Makes sense now, if I applied pressure to the roof it stopped the rattling. :D.

Daz.