ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Speaker replacment - Infinity Kappa

Okaqy guyz, whilst Im still waiting for my car to arrive (Hopefully around the 18th ) Im starting to try and map out the immediate audio upgrade that I see as necessary.

So, what Im thinking of is Infinity Kappa Co-axials in the rear, and Infinity Kappa Components in the front.

My only question is, the clio comes with component fronts, so where do they hide the current crossover? in the dash? and will there be enough space for the Infinity crossovers????

Any help would be great

-Roamer.

Thnx fred, I was really wondering about the xovers, and where they are now, and if I can put the new ones in......

Have you replaced your OE speakers?

-Roamer

I have just spent a joyous weekend playing around with my front speakers, trying to replace them with components.

The original speakers do not have a separate crossover as most aftermarket speaker sets do. The door speakers are full range, and the tweeters piggy back to pick up the highs. The tweeters have a capacitor on them as the most basic of crossovers.

The difficulty is wiring in new mids and tweeters and the new x-over as the existing wiring makes this complicated - also really difficult to re-wire the doors but the tweeters are OK.

My solution was to intercept the front speaker wires and take a cable from the head unit to the x-over. Then, you can easily run a cable from x-over to the tweeters.

The trick is to run the bass output from the x-over, back to near the head unit where you cut the originals. This then supplies the original wiring loom with the filtered (bass only) signal, whilst your tweeters are happy from the x-over.

Sounds complicated but it works a treat and doesnt take too long - I had to do the same in my old car (a Nissan).

Theres plenty of room under the dash to mount the x-overs. 10 minutes upside down in the passenger footwell with some cable ties should do the trick.

Sorry this is a bit wordy but I spent ages searching on here for the solution before finding this out myself.

Any problems, mail me on andy.rapkins@ukf.net

Andy

roamer,

Forget the Kappas and go for Perfect 6.1s I used top have kappa cs-1s but changed to the prefect series, they are only £200 and are an excellent component set.

check them out...

cheers

Jase

Id ahve to agree. The Kappas are good (better than the Reference series), but the Perfect series are amazing quality for only a bit more money, they are a match for Focal for less money in my view. The older Infinity Beta series was pretty good too.