ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Stock Headunit. Line-in options?

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Just a quick query about the stock head unit in my 172.

Is there any way I can tap a 3.5mm jack into it somewhere to connect an MP3 player? I have the CD changer under the passenger seat but am unsure how the audio is sent from there to head unit, I had a rough idea about mounting a 3.5mm plug somewhere discreet around the ashtray area.

Clio RS 172 2002
The 172s have the "Tuner List" head unit. These have no connection options. Only choice is to replace the cd stacker with a Connects2 that will allow iPod connection.

Alternatively install a parrot Bluetooth adaptor which allows iphone connection by by-passing the stock head unit.

The 182s have "Update List" head units which have a socket for aux input. Unfortunately the Update List cannot be installed in a 172.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Nope my 182 has a tuner list with 6cd autochanger, I'm well confused too hence my thread below.