ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Throttle Bodies & Manifold

by kit do you mean somthing like the alpha gold but with a F4 manifold added......

as you can get it pretty much already.

But cost will have to be around the 1800-2000 quid range as thats what the alpha system goes for. If you can beat that, im sure some people will go for it.......

lucky wut r u doin everyday ? pretty darn hot for winter huh../. oh no i think we are about to take this thread as well ahaha

I would be interested in those TBs for 172 definately

well, im chillin for now......but well see.

get that GTA sorted!!! haha

well sort soemthing to do soon......

laterz

I was meaning who is going to invest their hard earned cash and bin of the single throttle body and fit a whole multi throttle body conversion.

I would but cant afford it so am going for the larger single approach. Just interested to know numbers of people who can afford/will go for the multi TB approach on their 172.

soz, we got confused.........

well, if i was goin to do anything to my car.....it would be those straight away.......nothing else.

it would be enough for a large increase.

the larger TB aint too bad an idea, and with fueling and ignition adj to suit....it could go much better, but you gonna work on the inlet manifold to get everything tip top?

CTR EK9 turbo

If the bigger TB on the mk.2s give more torque - how come the documentation does not say theres an increase in the figs? i know its been said but no numbers given? does it have 200nm as well as the mk.1? or 201nm? or is it a different spread?

it has a SMALLER TB but it is tapered to increase low rpm gas velocity.

this helps with low down torque which is why the MK1 and MK2 are near enough in acceleration eventhough the MK2 is slightly heavier.

its not documented........otherwise Renault would have to admit to a weight increase.

i guess if you had the time/money you could experiment with a MK2 tb on a MK1 172, rip its internals out and replace with MK1 non FBW.

Hi Ben,

Will be getting all the work that you talked about done on the std. manifold to increase flow/volume of air. Have got a 70mm single throttle in mind which will complement the work on the inlet manifold. Then custom pipe from throttle body into air filter - am going to try something different to the BMC. e.g. large green cone with heat shield engine side and if funds permit bonnet scoop taking cold air straight into the filter. Last but not least fueling and ignition to suit.

Like you said its not going to be anywhere near as good as 4 individuals but should give at least 190 bhp with the decat pipe and stainless steel exhaust.

Cost is a big issue here so I will get each bit done over time and then all the kit put on at once with ecu changes.

Ill have all the original parts so if I ever come to sell I can swap them all back if the person buying doesnt want them and then sell on as an upgrade kit.

I dont have the knowledge/experience to do the inlet manifold/ecu work so will need to get quotes and then get it done. Then once everything is ready need to get it all setup on the rollers. Have to speak to some firms and see what they can do in this area.

all depends on what you want done & by whom.

The work will need to be of very high quality due to the nature of the anifold shape. and many areas are very hard to read. There are several techniques you can use, some expensive, some less so, some with benefits larger than the other etc etc.

Find out exactly how they will do it, and then dont pay until its done. Then take a varnier caliper to measure, and check each port to make sure they are identicle.

Manifolds are hard to do well....take cars in choosing.