ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs BMW @ Combe today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Too many heros, with too little talent, with too much to prove = disaster waiting.

At least you walked away from it!

Any tool can drive fast on track the skill is keeping hold of it when it goes pear shaped :eek:

172 Flamer, BMW E46
As above with all these comments.. i was almost taking the cooper S on track today, but there seemed to be plents of penis's going round today so i thought better of it! Good day tho, gutting about your car getting smashed up tho mate, especially as it wasnt your fault!

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
what happens when accidents like this happen. obviously you cant go through insurance or can you? do you have just try and sort it with the other party

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Gutted :(

At least you and gf are okay though.

Bet you wanted to give a digging right in his dish lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As per your project thread, was nice having your company on the way home but shame it was because of this.

EAD04EDD-6973-4A9C-83F2-65755B9A8F18-157-0000000FAB5CB7F8_zps459226be.jpg

Was a cracking little car :(

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
what happens when accidents like this happen. obviously you cant go through insurance or can you? do you have just try and sort it with the other party

It is the RISK you take, no winners, no blame just live with it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Nothing happens. There is NO 3rd party liability on a trackday. If you can't handle someone else making a mistake and writing your car off and you get not a penny then either don't go on track at all or pay for track insurance. But with the size of the excess on most policies it wouldn't be worth it just for a couple k cup.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Sorry about your car, good job you both walked away from it, looked quite bad from what I saw.

DSC_0767_zpscb6d605e.jpg

Shame about the car

Seems to me that these (Action) days are just full of bellends who just want to rag a car for 15mins or so to say they've been around a certain track

Cup In bits
Gutted for you, at least the other party didnt come of scot free if he caused it.

TBH though a 15minute track session has got trouble written all over it, everyone wanting there money's worth in a such a short time will cause accidents.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Blimey they really have both taken a good clout!

So he came off the grass, into you coming along full chat? If he'd lost it why not just stop ffs?

I did my frist track day in my zed an tbh I thought I was anything but a hero, defensive driving is key. What a tool.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shame about the car

Seems to me that these (Action) days are just full of bellends who just want to rag a car for 15mins or so to say they've been around a certain track

Must be full of other types of bellends too as I've done Combe hundreds of times so no interest in saying I've done it one more and yet still love going out on action days.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Blimey they really have both taken a good clout!

So he came off the grass, into you coming along full chat? If he'd lost it why not just stop ffs?

I did my frist track day in my zed an tbh I thought I was anything but a hero, defensive driving is key. What a tool.

He seemed to sort of get it back under control on the grass then instead of stopping booted it again, lost it and spat himself onto the track facing the wrong way based on what my mate very near by said.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
excatly mate , a friend of mine had his saph cosworth wrote off at national day last year with us in on the prade lap ! Bloke was a KN0 B, my mate was gutted , wouldn't have changed anything but an apology would of helped us all! I still have back issues because of it !
He got paid on insurance as it was an RS day didn't he?

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I'd say worse TBH, from my experience at combe recently on action days the idiots are firmly in the minority, at trax its gotta be 50/50 at least I would think, lol

I must of just managed to get the chav-tastic sections at Combe then. Both in my experience have been a Freefrawl

Clio 182 FF
Ouch! At least it's only mental bent and not people though.

Was it one of Combe's own Action Days today? Loads of people I know don't bother with them these days and call them crazy days - just stick to properly organised track days instead. Combe's Action Days have too many cars out at once and the standard of driving is just **** IMHO.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I must of just managed to get the chav-tastic sections at Combe then. Both in my experience have been a Freefrawl

I'll stick up the video of my turbo there today mate, I dont think you'll spot any particuarly bad driving on the whole session, its a bit of a lottery though there WAS some bad driving too of course, hence this thread, lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I thought today was a MASSIVE improvement in driving standards compared to a couple of years ago.

Although I did cringe when an 07 plate 911 was out on track VERY close to a Focus 1.6 that had all the doors painted matt black.... I'm not sure i'd be comfortable with my £35k Porsche being that close to a 70mph £250 Focus!! lol.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Proper trackdays are the safest. I challenge anyone to have a crash at an open pit lane day at Bedford. (Mechanical failure not included)

The day long trackdays attract people who are genuinely interested in trackdays and learning to drive fast.

Action days/ Trax are for a £30, "watch this" type drivers who want to show off infront of there friends and normally run out of talent doing so.

Obviously not everyone is like that but that's the general styles of both days IMHO

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Proper trackdays are the safest. I challenge anyone to have a crash at an open pit lane day at Bedford. (Mechanical failure not included) The day long trackdays attract people who are genuinely interested in trackdays and learning to drive fast. Action days/ Trax are for a £30, "watch this" type drivers who want to show off infront of there friends and normally run out of talent doing so. Obviously not everyone is like that but that's the general styles of both days IMHO

​That is exactly the reason I only spectate at Action days!

Status
Not open for further replies.