ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Allow wheel cleaning help, how do I ...

Clio 04 172 Cup
Get some Auto glym clean wheels. Spray it on leave it for a min and go at the wheels with a wheel brush. Maguires do a good one but im still using a Ikea dish brush works very well indeed.

Megs wheel brush is pretty good though its a bit soft at times, doesnt seem to work hard enough on the really tough stuff

If the alloy wheel cleaner doesn't work, you could try some Megs Clay. Be careful with some brands of wheel cleaner as they can contain quite a strong acid, which can knacker the alloy finish if left on to long.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
buy some cleaner like wonderwheels, and a good brush, i left the wheels so long on my last clio they were yellow. Wonder wheels didnt do the job till i bought a proper brush from asda and they came up like new

when you get them cleaned up. Make sure you put a good layer of polish and wax on them to protect!

VRS
as jay says, give them a polish and wax afterwards

had my wheels off last week, washed them then got the ag machine cleaner on them, a bit of ag tar remover, then a ag super resin polish, ag sealant and a bit of collinite #476s wax :D

washed them this weekend and the crap just fell off :)

VRS
jay said:
:approve: gonna take mine off when the summer comes (wheels that is).

still cant believe i did mine! it was pissing it down but i needed to put my backs on the front and put my new rubber on the back, tried to do the wheels and the arches all in one go in the rain, it wasnt a very fun morning :S

106 GTi
The black and blue halfords wheel brush is ideal on 182 wheels, try one and AG engine and machine cleaner on them.

Anything from the fleet
Use a clay bar and some detail spray. Took the rust and baked on brake dust completely off my wheels, also didn't damage or dry the wheel out as some cleaners can do.

Clio 182
miniandy said:
Use a clay bar and some detail spray. Took the rust and baked on brake dust completely off my wheels, also didn't damage or dry the wheel out as some cleaners can do.

I keep meaning to try this, my wheels are awful and the autoglym stuff didn't get it off...

172 Cup
I use GUNK wheel clean kit, you get a sponge, brush, wheel cleaner and tyre shine for a tenner! its the best wheel cleaner ive used.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Gunk is awesome stuff, I use it to clean my motorbike.

I am going to have to get that brush which Rich has mentioned, my wheels are awfully dirty.

FF Arctic Blue 182
Cheers for all the help guys, I used Wonder Wheels and a halfords Brake dust remover and they came up a treat! See tha difference, Linky.

RB 182
Personally I wouldn't have used wonder wheels as that is known to use strong acid.

Looks a good result though, make sure you polish and wax them now to keep them like that. ;)

FF Arctic Blue 182
It needed to be strong the state my wheels were in! Does it have to be special wheel wax or will normal car wax do?

tiTTy & SV650
muc off is very alkaline and can react with anodised aluminium surfaces, make sure you don't leave it on for more than 5 mins and are very thorough when rinsing it off.

It's not as strong as it used to be but just to warn...

Tesla MP3 2021
i take a hot steamy piss on mine...
leave for about 5-10mins and rinse off.......the result is amazing