ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 aux belt loose

All sorts!
Hi all,

I replaced the alternator on my Trophy last week using a jubilee clip on the tensioner but the aux belt has now lost all tension and is loose. I'm sure it was fine just after I'd done it and I did a good few hundred miles with no problems.

Looking at how it goes together I can't figure out how it's happened - I assume if the jubilee clip hadn't worked then I wouldn't have been able to get the belt back on?

Has anyone had this problem or got any ideas? The car is undriveable as there is literally zero tension on the aux belt.

Thanks in advance,
Bryn.

Renault Clio182 bean
Have you re-routed the belt correctly, I assume you have completely removed the jubilee clip from the tensioner spring after fitting the belt?

All sorts!
Thanks for the replies guys.

Jubilee clip off :D but didn't replace the belt or tensioner, looking like I should have done now!

Is the tensioner spring seizing a known problem? I can't see how it can be anything other than that, unless the alternator has a smaller pulley on it which seems unlikely.

Cheers,
Bryn.

Renault Clio182 bean
Glad I changed mine now:rasp:. OP buy an new aux kit asap :approve: don't want it taking out the cambelt.