ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 average mpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
This is probably a topic thats been asked quite a bit so my apologies so forgive me when I ask what is everyone getting in their 182s? Granted i'm pretty new to the car but I'm struggling to get it over 28/29 mpg. Its on a standard map too. I'm going to give it a service soon (oil still looks quite clean) and I'll be shoving in a K&N or similar panel filter in the airbox too. I've run it on 98 RON and 95 RON and it doesnt seem to make any difference there.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Over the last 7335 miles mine has averaged 32.1MPG, thats worked out properly and not using the onboard computer

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I did reset the computer and it went up to 50+ mpg now its setted down to about 32/33

hmm, i seem to be getting about 200-300 miles to a tank, would that suggest i have something wrong?
i tend to only do short journeys (for work & university) which would account for some of the miles, but that still seems a far lot less than the people here are saying?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My 182's were always 32-33, 172's 35. 22mpg, as an average is only possible by driving like a clownshoe, or sitting in traffic most of the time.

Audi S1
My 182's were always 32-33, 172's 35. 22mpg, as an average is only possible by driving like a clownshoe, or sitting in traffic most of the time.

Live in Kent/London... I use my car for pretty much driving to work, which is one long 9mile road of s**t traffic. Even the Honda I drive now is only 32mpg.