ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 balljoint replacement

Dodgy one
Found out tonight its completely gone, I've been hearing a knocking this week jacked it up and removed the wheel and theres plenty of play :dapprove:

I got stuck in with the windy gun to remove it and the pinch bolt is completly siezed, The nut comes off but it wont tap out and wont spin with the gun on the end I guess they are splined? Any ideas how to shift it, Its been there nearly 50k now :cool: Cant get it into work were too busy and cant take the pullers and whatsnot home

I've done a breif search looking for a part number and seem to be getting that you can only buy the whole arm :S surely they are avaliable aftermarket on their own, I ws going to make a trip to Pages tomorrow to try get one

Its a FF too so that means they are slightly larger does it not, 18mm instead of 16mm?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I got mine without having to buy new wishbones :)
The hole needs to be 12mm for the 1*2's

Dodgy one
I got mine without having to buy new wishbones :)
The hole needs to be 12mm for the 1*2's

Do you know what size the pin itself is, I was under the impression it was larger than 172s etc.

12mm holes for the bolts?

Renault Scenic 182
Rather than start a new thread ill join this one if you dont mind, i have a 2001 X Renault Clio 172 Phase 1 and i also have a bottom balljoint gone on the passenger side front, a worthwile upgrade seems to be Grp N bottom ball joints which is available from renault sport direct, whos their latest importer/uk seller does anyone know?

as these are a sepeate part and would solve our problem rather than having to replace whole arms, u can get cheap replacement ball joints from motor factors but my local 2 say QH dont list for the 2.0 :(

thankyou in advance

wayne

421 Cammed 172
Replacement balljoints can be bought from Euro Car Parts for £9.83 each side (PN : 617745130) without the need for new wishbones.

Renault Scenic 182
What Quinton Hazel? only aftermarket cheap standard parts i trust tbh :dapprove:

will be much appreciated :D

gonna look on ECP now thanks Ad :cool:

wayne