ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Bouncy Castle...

Clio 197

Boinnng boinnng...

Ive been running eibach sportlines for the past 10-12k.

The cars done 20k now.

Im sure that at least one of the shockers has given-up the ghost.

How/where can I get them tested, before handing my car to renault for them to tell me everythings fine!

(and I know what eveyone will say now.... "coilovers", lol).

Lee

BMW M2C

It was really obvious when one of mine failed on the 182. It leaked all its fluid out onto the drive and the lower part of the damper was soaked. It lasted about 18k on standard springs.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Seems a common problem.

The dealer will try and tell you that the springs caused the failure.

I had a damper empty its contents all over my drive :(

Common symptoms are clunkiness over bumps from the offending corner(s), poss oil leaks etc

Im running spax adjustable shocks, set to the hardest and they are fine.

Coilovers are ideal, but not everyone can fford them, £500 is alot to spend on suspension.

usually they will be shot if you can see fuild leaking from them, or id they are bouncing, lol

Clio 197

Lol....

Howabout sliding sideways when hitting bumps...

... and a constant pull to the left, despite perfect tracking?

Another picnic at renault me thinks... :cry:

Lee

BMW M2C

Youll find you get a good bang when hitting bumps and if you pull away hard youll find the rear end bounce when it squats.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 15 August 2005
Youll find you get a good bang when hitting bumps and if you pull away hard youll find the rear end bounce when it squats.

Yup, not really conducisive to good times at the pod :( ;)

500bhp Scoob

if your shocks really have had it, like mine did after the first breakfast run i did, push down on a corner of the car, and let go.
It should rise up again, if it goes down again, then the shocker is fooked.
Not really a good test if you have hard springs anyway.

Another thing that happened with mine, going round quite a sharp bend that was a slip road for a motorway, the car would sortof bounce back, pushing me into the corner even more, which was dangerous

Clio 197

Nik, seriously...

Wanna spin in my car tomorrow, and tell me what you think?

Somethings not right IMO.... and whats with the susp knock?