ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cabbasse + Renault Tunepoint...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Does anyone have any experience with this combo?

Since having to buy another two PE2's to get it through an MOT, i'm looking at cheaper alternatives to iPoddage. Ideally without changing the HU.

I can get hold of one very cheaply, but on the site it tells me that's it's not 100% compatable with Cabbasse units.

Thanks.

SchwepTek™
I just bought one on the cheap too.

I'm pretty sure it should work fine but i only have a poverty cup spec tunerlist headunit. ;)

SchwepTek™
Very easy.

Yep steering controls work.

ONly this is, the ipod functionality is bit limited but i will be using a usb memory stick with mine or a hard drive. :)

SchwepTek™
So better just to go aftermarket then it seems. :(

Well it depends. I am pretty impressed with the tunepoint and have just come from an aftermarket headunit.

Tunepoint has both ipod connections and usb connections so you can connect up pretty much anything to it. The only limitations are that it can only select playlists unless i am missing something! :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So better just to go aftermarket then it seems. :(

Well it depends. I am pretty impressed with the tunepoint and have just come from an aftermarket headunit.

Tunepoint has both ipod connections and usb connections so you can connect up pretty much anything to it. The only limitations are that it can only select playlists unless i am missing something! :)

Ahh, so you can't use you iPod to browse, then play through the Tunepoint?

SchwepTek™

Ahh, so you can't use you iPod to browse, then play through the Tunepoint?

NOPE but then you cant do that with aftermarket ipod connections unless its just a standard auxiliary input, in which case you cant control them through the headunit.

When you plug your ipod in, it says accessory attached or something like that and so it can only be controlled through the headunit.

1 Series Coupe
What about whats his name? Floridadaz or somink.. he sold a kit that meant you could hook up your ipod to standard headunit?

SchwepTek™
Its only a wire he sells and only works with updatelist headunits which dont really exist anymore.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Update list head units are on most Renaults from 2005 on inc current MK3 Clio's.

Ahhh my bad then. None of the 1*2s have them :(

I had a wanted thread up for one for a while but they seem quite rare.

Yup the Update List ones is the newer CAN BUS Gen of wiring for Renault.

Late 182's had them in and all the MK3 onwards.

My 55 Plate 182 has one also.

The TunePoint is great, but does have its faults!

* Oh and i have a nice collection of Cabasse HU sat here, just ask Middo lol ;)

Black Gold 182 FF
The Cabasse in mine has excactly the same CD changer port as all the others inc tunerlist so i would guess that the Tunepoint would work ok.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
I got a connects2. You can't use steering wheel controls to change track, only for volume but I would still recommend it!

Tangoed Works
its cheap enough to go aftermarket nowadays and to be fair the cabasse is total cack imo. even a budget sony upgrade with ipod lead is going to be leagues ahead in sound quality with the standard speakers.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Ah right, cheers!

Anyone clarify 100%?

Sorry only just seen ur PM chris!

Its hit and miss if it will work on the older Tuner List Cabasse stuff.

It didnt work in my Dynamique at all. Thru up an error all the time.
But worked on the non Cabasse Unit i swapped back for.

As said it deff works on the Update List (2005) onwards units as they use the CAN BUS stuff.

Altho, if i was to fork out again id buy an aftermarket alpine or soemthing, waaay more functionality. Especially for ipod!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers Has!

Mine's a 2004 Cabbasse HU, but it has 'Tuner List' on the front. :S

Hit and miss?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Cheers Has!

Mine's a 2004 Cabbasse HU, but it has 'Tuner List' on the front. :S

Hit and miss?

Yer hit and miss with those.

Basicly there all Tuner List (pre 05) the addition of Cabasse is basicly more powerful output on them.

Different design slightly (option on non RS models) and standard on all RS models nearly (bar imports)

As said mine didnt work in my Dynamique which had the cabasse option :(
Tried it in someones 172 and it worked. But didnt on another. So very hit and miss.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well seeing as it's free, i'll give it a shot. Cheers Has!

If it doesn't work, what's the best iPod compatable HU... at a reasonable price?

BMW M135i
Worth a shot if its free otherwise tbh your far better off with a proper aftermarket headunit, I love my alpines but the pioneer and jvc stuff is also well worth a look don't think i'd bother with anything else though. Imo tunepoint is pretty poor and a bodge at best unfortunately, great idea but the headunit just isn't complex enough to work with it properly.