ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Clutch

RenaultSport Clio 182
I have a 55 plate 182 with 2700 miles on the clock which I picked up last Saturday. During the test drive I didn't notice anything wrong but now I have been driving the car for a week I've noticed that when I pull away in 1st I get a vibration through the clutch pedal and can hear a scraping noise.

Anyone got any ideas so I can give Renault some indication of what the problem is ?

tiTTy & SV650
when u pull away with the clutch still engaged slightly or when its disengaged (foot off) but foot still touching it slightly?

tiTTy & SV650
is there any noises, say u accelerate hard in 1st, does the engine bang?

also if u put it in 5th at say 25 or 30mph and accelrate does the car accelerate or just rev up?

ST
A good way to check your clutch....

Put the car in gear with lift the clutch and hold the hand break on, make sure there is nothing in front of the car....if it stalls pretty quickly your clutch is fine tho if it slips get it checked out.

RenaultSport Clio 182
rory182 said:
is there any noises, say u accelerate hard in 1st, does the engine bang?

also if u put it in 5th at say 25 or 30mph and accelrate does the car accelerate or just rev up?

No strange noise from the engine if I accelerate hard in 1st, havent tried that speed in 5th but if I do put my foot down in 5th the car does accelerate.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Alan said:
A good way to check your clutch....

Put the car in gear with lift the clutch and hold the hand break on, make sure there is nothing in front of the car....if it stalls pretty quickly your clutch is fine tho if it slips get it checked out.

I'll give that a try next time I go out.

Clown Car
Does it do it every time you pull away in first or just after you have got in and started the engine then pulled away in first?.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Mark5290 said:
Does it do it every time you pull away in first or just after you have got in and started the engine then pulled away in first?.

At first I thought it was every time I used it from cold (it does do it every morning first thing) but I have noticed it does it every now and again when I driving to work. Problem is it doesn't do it every time I pull away, so it's going to be hard for Renault to find anything unless it's a known problem.

tiTTy & SV650
is the air con on now and you didnt have it on before u started noticing this? makes my car rough as fook in the heat.

RenaultSport Clio 182
rory182 said:
is the air con on now and you didnt have it on before u started noticing this? makes my car rough as fook in the heat.

Only had the car a week and it's been so hot the a/c has been on all the time.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Mine did this for a bit, noticed it about 2k then stopped at about 4k. I'm on 6k now and its fine.

I'd give it a bit till you go to Renault unless it gets a lot worse. Its a big job and if there is no fault found you'll be charged.

RifRaf, is it more like a vibration or like the pedal is "pulsing" slighty up and down?
I was thinking about a bad aligned clutch plate, but only if it's more like a pulsation and it is costant, unrelated to the engine temperature. If the problem it's present some time only, the alignment should be fine!

i have the same problem only does after first pull away, a scraping noise/ havnt got a clue what it is tho ??

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Alan said:
I dont think they can charge you if theres no fault if your car is under warranty mate..

I thought this, but I rang my local dealer to book my car in for them to check out my exhurst (sounds crap) and they said if there was no fault they would charge me for the time.

Are they taking the piss then? Wouldn't put it passed them as they have also tried to tell me I'd void the warrenty if i didn't get a service at 12months.. had only done 3500 then! Cheeky brstds

ST
Yep proper piss taking mate..

If YOU think you have a problem with your car its up to you to take it to them to have it looked at under warranty...one of the reasons many people go for a new car these days is it not!!

Get onto reno uk if they are being arsey about things like that.

Cheers, Al.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Hadden said:
RifRaf, is it more like a vibration or like the pedal is "pulsing" slighty up and down?
I was thinking about a bad aligned clutch plate, but only if it's more like a pulsation and it is costant, unrelated to the engine temperature. If the problem it's present some time only, the alignment should be fine!

Definately a vibration. It's as if something is catching and it shudders through the pedal. One of the drivers at our place is an ex mechanic and I've tried to highlight the problem to him and it hasn't happened once. But it's happened about 3 times today already.

Clown Car
Davehughes said:
i have the same problem only does after first pull away, a scraping noise/ havnt got a clue what it is tho ??

Yep mine does that aswell, i think it maybe the abs doing it's self check, do a search for abs self check, i was thinking this is maybe what the OP is experiencing.