ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 compared with old Civic (m plate)

LY 200
Pal of mine has just got one and reckons its pretty nippy. Its a 1.6 vtec and standard apart from decat, filter and exhaust. Its apparently running 170ish hp and weighs a little over a ton.

He's also got an R5 running 160ish hp which he believes is better both in a straighline and lots in the handling dept but that was pretty much on leval par with a ph-quick that pokes about our way.

Anyone had any dealings??

Jay

Mk4 .:R32
Don't the old civic 1.6 vtecs have about 120 bhp. I doubt he's managed to get another 50 bhp from the mods you've mentioned.

R5's don't weigh anything so it will be nippy

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nope a VTi has 160ish standard and theyre pretty quick. Would be close tbh but it all comes down to the driver and the road situation. The civics are hard to keep on the boil.

160bhp R5 would mince a 172 though..

Mk4 .:R32
thats the thing with old cars that have similar bhp to new cars, they whoop them due to being made out of paper and celotape, weighing less than my left nut.

LY 200
Nope a VTi has 160ish standard and theyre pretty quick. Would be close tbh but it all comes down to the driver and the road situation. The civics are hard to keep on the boil.

160bhp R5 would mince a 172 though..

He reckons the only problem is, is waiting to get into the power band. You know anything about the handling???

On the day, the 5 had not only a large driver but large passenger ;) so that wouldve helped!!!

I had a few blats in my standard (ish) hybrid with the particular 5 and i could nudge in front from standing and stay there but from rolling it was him that nudged infront.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Passengers will kill a 5.

The civics do handle pretty good aswel. Not 182 good but far from bad. I know it gets said alot but it really would be down to the driver and how well he knows his civic. It certainly isnt going to get past you but may match you if well driven.

Ph-Sold!
The Civic shouldn't be too hard to keep on the go, but he'd need to be a confident driver to push the engine and keep it under control at the same time as the power delivery can make them snappy!

Handling is pretty solid on them, but unremarkable as standard.