ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

182 Cup 1/4mile

Sh*tbox
Alright fellas,

I know the Clio is all about the corners, but what do they cover the 1/4mile in?

Im guestimating mid-high 14's at 95ish mph?

Sh*tbox
Fair play boys. I will keep ya posted. ( I don't have a 182. But my cousin does)

Hopefully he can break into the 14's.

DCI100
get everything you possibly can out of the car before the run, do it on a cold damp day on a good dry track. thats when you'll go fastest :) *don't expect it to make a massive difference but maybe a bit

172 cup
Ye il get everything I can out adjust tyre pressures keep then engine cool as I can etc.. Gunna go get some new Tyres first aswell

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If you strip it you will be in the high 14s I was talking full trim std car

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
My stripped out Ph1 (no carpets / tar / nothing) Got a 14.9. So a stripped 182 could be about that maybe?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
i managed a 15.4 with passanger with just rear seats out but tbh with a better lauch i could have managed a 15

Sh*tbox
What mph for both of you? 1/4 ttimes on their own are a little irrelevant.

Crail always seems very optimistic with times.

Alien Green 200
ran 15.1 in my cup at 90-something mph at pod. completely standard, shot tyres and full tyre pressure.

Lionel Richie
13.9 for me :D (standard engine internals and intake, still with CAT) stripped out car, well 950kg with a bit of fuel and me

Lionel Richie
What mods have you done?

got an engine from the scrap yard, put a cambelt on and put it in, that's it (plus a TDF remap - 190bhp apparently!)

60ft i have no idea it was last year, but it was bang on 100mph over the line from memory, i'll have a look and see if i can find the slip

Sh*tbox
The fact it weighed 950kg with driver and fuel would have made a massive difference,

/standard car is 1090KG + driver could be 1150 etc. 200kg heavier.

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
It was that much of a freak it blew up!

What are people's reaction times?

My 172 Cup does mid 14's all day long with a 2.2 second 60ft time.

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Well what's the point in that? A big part of drag racing is all about reaction times.

I have reaction times on all my slips from Shakespear County Raceway.

Sh*tbox
So do I from Santa Pod. But reaction times are not "included" in your ET.

You can sit for 10 seconds staging up and still post a better ttime than your opponent.

Nippy white cup
My cup STD got 15 dead. Rsport ecu on my next visit got me a 14.4 at 95 ish iirc. Decat and exhaust and rear bench out got me a 14.17 @ 97.5 mph. Not been for a long time but after I got a remap i got a 14.2 @ 98.5 with a 6800 limit so I reckon sub 14 should be doo able now it is a bit more stripped. Managed a 5.39 0-60 pre strippage too but it has always been a bit of a freak