ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup 1/4mile

Sh*tbox
Alright fellas,

I know the Clio is all about the corners, but what do they cover the 1/4mile in?

Im guestimating mid-high 14's at 95ish mph?

Sh*tbox
Fair play boys. I will keep ya posted. ( I don't have a 182. But my cousin does)

Hopefully he can break into the 14's.

DCI100
get everything you possibly can out of the car before the run, do it on a cold damp day on a good dry track. thats when you'll go fastest :) *don't expect it to make a massive difference but maybe a bit

172 cup
Ye il get everything I can out adjust tyre pressures keep then engine cool as I can etc.. Gunna go get some new Tyres first aswell

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If you strip it you will be in the high 14s I was talking full trim std car

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
My stripped out Ph1 (no carpets / tar / nothing) Got a 14.9. So a stripped 182 could be about that maybe?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
i managed a 15.4 with passanger with just rear seats out but tbh with a better lauch i could have managed a 15

Sh*tbox
What mph for both of you? 1/4 ttimes on their own are a little irrelevant.

Crail always seems very optimistic with times.

Alien Green 200
ran 15.1 in my cup at 90-something mph at pod. completely standard, shot tyres and full tyre pressure.

Lionel Richie
13.9 for me :D (standard engine internals and intake, still with CAT) stripped out car, well 950kg with a bit of fuel and me

Lionel Richie
What mods have you done?

got an engine from the scrap yard, put a cambelt on and put it in, that's it (plus a TDF remap - 190bhp apparently!)

60ft i have no idea it was last year, but it was bang on 100mph over the line from memory, i'll have a look and see if i can find the slip

Sh*tbox
The fact it weighed 950kg with driver and fuel would have made a massive difference,

/standard car is 1090KG + driver could be 1150 etc. 200kg heavier.

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
It was that much of a freak it blew up!

What are people's reaction times?

My 172 Cup does mid 14's all day long with a 2.2 second 60ft time.

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Well what's the point in that? A big part of drag racing is all about reaction times.

I have reaction times on all my slips from Shakespear County Raceway.

Sh*tbox
So do I from Santa Pod. But reaction times are not "included" in your ET.

You can sit for 10 seconds staging up and still post a better ttime than your opponent.

Nippy white cup
My cup STD got 15 dead. Rsport ecu on my next visit got me a 14.4 at 95 ish iirc. Decat and exhaust and rear bench out got me a 14.17 @ 97.5 mph. Not been for a long time but after I got a remap i got a 14.2 @ 98.5 with a 6800 limit so I reckon sub 14 should be doo able now it is a bit more stripped. Managed a 5.39 0-60 pre strippage too but it has always been a bit of a freak