ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup ball joints

182 Inferno
Hi,

Does anyone have the correct part number for 182 cup ball joints? I have received standard 182 part (with reg given) which don't fit

Thanks in advance
Amii

Golf Gti edition 30
I did a search on here and found this lemforder part from euro car parts that someone had tried on their cup suspension 182 and was ok so ive bought two of them and fitting them hopefully this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_0279.PNG
    IMG_0279.PNG
    510.4 KB · Views: 331

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The Lemforder ones from Euro are the ones i have fitted.

Didn't know you could get wrong ball joints for them. Isn't it just the wishbones that are different between cup and non cup to give more castor?

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I thought all the 182's had the extra camber wishbones, and only the early 172's had less castor wishbones.

182 Inferno
Thanks for all your help!

I've read up the bolts are 13mm for a cup and 10mm standard? Couple people here said 12mm cup, thank you for links!

Apparently the wishbones are the only thing thay is the same on standard and cup :s

Think ill sticky with advice from you guys!

182 Inferno
So, because of the size differences, can I or can I not take my suspension from my standard 182 and put straight onto my 182 cup? (Bit off topic, but I want the suspension :p )

PH2 172
So, because of the size differences, can I or can I not take my suspension from my standard 182 and put straight onto my 182 cup? (Bit off topic, but I want the suspension :tongueout: )
If you swap the 54mm shocks/knuckles/hubs & drive shafts to replace the 60mm cup items, you will be OK.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
People usually dont bother trying to fit 60mm suspension to 54mm cars, although as Steve has said, it is possible.

PH2 172
If you swap the 54mm shocks/knuckles/hubs & drive shafts to replace the 60mm cup items, you will be OK.

It did puzzle me, but as always, we haven`t been told even half the story.
Perhaps he has a 182 with a snapped cambelt & new set of AST`s?

182 Inferno
People usually dont bother trying to fit 60mm suspension to 54mm cars, although as Steve has said, it is possible.
Nooo no, I had a standard 182 and I'd just replaced the suspension with genuine renault parts. My car was then written off in RTA, I now have 182 cup. The suspension on my cup is knackered so I wanted to put the new genuine parts I'd bought on it.
And with the size differences I wasn't sure if I could

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Your front coilover won't fit. Where the bottom of the suspension bolts to the hub, the 182 cup hub has 60mm bolt spacing and your 182 hubs are 54mm.
Pretty sure all 172/182 and cup variants have the same ball joints. Can't you use the ones off your written off one ?

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
You could switch it all over as Steve said, but you'd basically be converting a 182 cup suspension to std 182... I personally really wouldn't, just grab another set of new suspension and put the old stuff for sale

182 Inferno
You could switch it all over as Steve said, but you'd basically be converting a 182 cup suspension to std 182... I personally really wouldn't, just grab another set of new suspension and put the old stuff for sale

Awww man! But aye, i see your point.

Thank you

182 Inferno
Your front coilover won't fit. Where the bottom of the suspension bolts to the hub, the 182 cup hub has 60mm bolt spacing and your 182 hubs are 54mm.
Pretty sure all 172/182 and cup variants have the same ball joints. Can't you use the ones off your written off one ?

Unfortunately no, they were due to be replaced