ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup hub to 172 hub swap?

Clio Sport 182
so i need to go from 60mm bolt spacing to 54mm on the front hubs to fit the coilies i want.
i've done abit of research on here and have learnt the REAR hubs have 44 teeth on the abs rings which isn't very helpfull.
i hope someone can tell me if the front abs rings are the same on the 182 hub and the 172 hub, as in no. of teeth, then i can swap the hubs over and fit some new bearings. if not it may be a case of machining the hub but dont really want to go down that road if possible.
thanks guys

Clio Sport 182
cheers phil,
but has anyone ever done this? will abs still function or will new abs rings be needed?

I don't know of anyone who has actually done it

There shouldn't be any difference between the ABS on a 172 and 182. The number of teeth will be the same as 182/172 hubs are swappable.
The only difference is 182 cup hubs had different bolt spacing and an uprated bearing.

I would say it's 90% likely you can just chuck 172 hubs on and it will be fine

It's not much work to try it :)

The steering arm location is also different so will throw your tracking a long way out, but other than that it is exactly as Phil says. Chip helped Mosley do it on his cup packed 182 when Mosley bought 54mm spaced shocks, no other changes needed and the existing driveshafts will go straight into the new hubs anyway so no problems with the ABS rings.
​So its a nice easy swap but remember you need to get it tracked straight after.

Clio Sport 182
thanks lesley the tracking never even crossed my mind! i will give it a go then thanks for your input guys appreciate it.