ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup packs and insurance

Mini Cooper S sport

Please could someone give me the definitive on whether both cup packs need to be declared to your insurance company or not!

Im having to change insurance companies because Privilege want to charge me an extra 30 quid a month for the privilege of having a 182!

Its not a bad thing, because both Elephant and Norwich Union are cheaper (cheaper than my 172 insurance as well), but neither had a clue what I meant when I described the cup packs..

NU has charged extra for the spoiler, but not the suspension, Im most confused..:confused:

Lee

BMW M2C

It varies.

First Alternative class any car which is as it left the factory as standard, so Cup packs are included in the value of the car.

Some companies dont do it that way though. Luck of the draw.

Lee

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

when i rang up they didnt even know a cup pack existed so i suggest u just leave it like that after all u arent buying new so its not like u should know.

thats my opinion.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Id look at it like this... if its a factory fit option then i wouldnt declare it. Would you declare the matts? or mudflaps? Or a few chrome bits?

Can you imagine MINI owners (new ones) declaring every single option the specify from the bible of bits they have access too? Neither can I.

Octavia VRS

When I looked at a quote for a 182 on elephant.co.uk, it just says RenaultSport 182 or RenaultSport 182 Cup.

If you are getting a 182 with Cup packs then its the first 182 on the list and as you havent got any aftermarket products on it then it is still standard if you know what I mean.

Mini Cooper S sport

Well thats what I thought - its not something Ive added after buying it to increase looks or performance...

Ive got a quote from Admiral now, and theyre the best so far!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I didnt declare them.

As far as Im concerned, my 182 is standard and not modified.

If there are any issues with a claim, the body shop would just order a 182 part based on the chassis number and the chassis number would have the correct cup options assigned to it.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I had problems with Direct Line and Privilege so went with First Alternative like Lee and just did it all over the web to avoid any leading questions for the monkey on the phone. They were the cheapest anyway for me.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 09 May 2005

First Alternative class any car which is as it left the factory as standard, so Cup packs are included in the value of the car.
Just got a quote from them - £52 a month - £20 less than Im paying for the 172 - Lee, youre a legend..Im going with them!

first alternative - Cheek on em!!

Thought Id give them a try as ive been looking for quotes for my new 182 today!

They wont even entertain me!! My age and they type of car apparently!! lol

Looking like Elephant or Admiral is getting my business!!

I think as the extras were fitted in the factory then they are standard!:D

Lee

BMW M2C

Glad to have helped MM.

This year Im paying £100 less than last with FA, with a 182 instead of 172 and an extra 3 points!! Go figure!

One of my mates called them today for a quote on his Impreza turbo. Hes 30 and they wouldnt touch him!!

Ford Fiesta

it left the factory like that it isnt modified. dont declare it. They dont have seperate listings on online quotes do they for cupped and non cupped cars.

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 09 May 2005
Please could someone give me the definitive on whether both cup packs need to be declared to your insurance company or not!Im having to change insurance companies because Privilege want to charge me an extra 30 quid a month for the privilege of having a 182!Its not a bad thing, because both Elephant and Norwich Union are cheaper (cheaper than my 172 insurance as well), but neither had a clue what I meant when I described the cup packs..NU has charged extra for the spoiler, but not the suspension, Im most confused..:confused:

Hey did you call NU?? Didnt see 182 on the list online! (But then as you see from my other post I missed it on elephant too!
:oops:

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by J13EOB on 09 May 2005

Hey did you call NU?? Didnt see 182 on the list online! (But then as you see from my other post I missed it on elephant too!
:oops:
It came up as a 182 when I put the numberplate in...when are you getting yours? Have you tried First Alternative, I cant believe how cheap they are, and the quote includes legal cover, and they provide a car if yours needs reapirs after an accident *touch wood Ill never need to*. I owe Lee a BIG pint!