ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Normal 182 and wish you had a Cup ? Or vice verca ?

3000GT & RB 182
Still very new to the cliosports (never even sat in one) but hoping to buy a 182 in the next few weeks.

As far as i've understood it now you've got the 182, which has xenons, half leather seats and climate control.

Then you can get an Full Fat version, which has a spoiler and a suspension pack.

And then there is the 182 Cup, which doesn't have xenons, half leather or climate control, but it has both cup packs from the FF.

So am i right in saying that the 182 FF is the best, followed by the normal 182, and the 182 cup would be the least favorite out of the 3, as it's missing the nice interior ?

Are there people here who have an standard 182 and wish they had a 182 cup, or vice versa ?

Also, this one confused me a bit : http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...racing-blue-cam-and-aux-just-replaced/2046439

It states it a 182 cup, but i can't see that front spoiler from the cup spoiler pack, and in the advert it states "Please note this is a Cup model and not cup packed".

So what is an 182 cup, that's not cup packed then ??

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I won't go into it, but why anyone outside (bar wanting inferno or RB) would want a 182 Cup over a normal one is beyond me. It's only 20kg's less in weight than a normal one so defeats the purpose of having one.

If the normal 182 has a quarter of a tank of fuel and the Cup has three quarters of a tank, the normal 182 is now a Cup.

3000GT & RB 182
See if found that .pfd document on here with the differences with some photo's in it, and in there is states that the 182 can have optional cup packs :

1) Spoiler Pack : front splitter and cup spoiler
2) Suspension Pack : anthracite alloy wheels, lower firmer suspension, & wider track.

And it also says the 182 Cup has both those packs, so that made me think if a cup has firmer suspension etc will it be more fun to drive, or am i looking at this wrong ?

Renault Clio182 bean
Yeah the cup suspension is lower/firmer (better), my 182 has all the extras (A/C with climate, Xenons, cruise, ESP, auto lights/wipers) but has the Cup suspension pack aswell, so in my eyes its the best of both worlds, just a bit heavier than a basic 'cup'.

3000GT & RB 182
Is anyone going to notice the difference?

All i wanna know is if i'm gonna notice the difference.

Should i go for the 182 as it has more options, or for the 182 cup as it has better/firmer suspension etc, and is therefor more fun to drive ?

Or can i get a normal 182 and fit the suspention pack to it afterwards if it doesn't come with it ?

RB Clio 182
The difference between a 182ff with the cup packs, and a 182 cup is that the cup has cloth seats, no xenons and no aircon to make it 20k lighter which isnt worth it.

If you want a lighter car, get a 172 cup.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
It states it a 182 cup, but i can't see that front spoiler from the cup spoiler pack, and in the advert it states "Please note this is a Cup model and not cup packed".

So what is an 182 cup, that's not cup packed then ??

The splitter is very weak so many have fallen off. It's also expensive to replace with genuine although Skoda splitters for £10-15 look 90% as good so don't worry about that.

Don't completely discount the Cup if it's mint and well priced and your not too bothered about the poverty interior. But as said above aim for an FF unless you want coilovers in the future in which case just get a normal 182.

RB182cup&golf gti
Old debate but the advantage of the 182 cup was that it was cheaper than a FF as it does away with some of the comforts mentioned above, but you get both cup packs as standard, so not pointless as a lot will say - depends what you're after. I'd sooner a 182 cup than a 182 with neither cup packs. The cups only came in racing blue or inferno orange. It was more a cost saving than a weight saving car

BG 182
I'm glad this thread was raised, as a prospective buyer of a 182, I'm a little more clued up, thanks guys.

Titanium Clio 182
I got a 182 titanium and I prefer the better interior. As far as I'm aware I've got cup suspension but not checked the bolt spacing to see 100% and mine also had anthracite wheels that had no previous history of being changed. I've got standard spoilers not FF. In any case u can always get some cup shocks and springs later or cooksports seems to be a popular combination. Or just buy a FF as above. I'm hunting a titanium cup spoiler at mo there's always parts popping up in sales section.

BG 182
I've just been nosing around on Auto trader, and spotted a Inferno with Half leathers? From my understanding infernos are usually cups?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Did they do a FF Inferno or RB?

Also all 182s came with aircon, even the cups. The 172 cups, only a handful (ish) came with AC. Only option iirc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would rather like an Inferno or RB. Used to dislike inferno but when clean it's lovely.

LY also of course.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I purposely didn't get a cup packed one this time around as I knew I wanted to change everything that it involved... i.e. Speedline's, carbon fibre splitter and coilovers (didn't quite get round to getting myself a Trophy spoiler!)

I'd swap for a Cup for one reason only, which is that I'm bored of silver.

Mine is a bog standard 182, but I retrofitted the Cup spoiler, and have Turini's + Eibach Springs, so basically a 182 CSFF (ClioSport Full Fat - everyone bums Turinis). Cup Spoilers you can pick up mint for £100-150, so it's not the be-all and end all.

A non-FF 182 would be more preferable if you want coilovers in the long run, as there are alot more options (the bolt spacing is different between the two).

In all honesty the 182 differ from the 182 Cup only by interior (there are other changes, but would any really notice slightly stiffer suspension?), so it depends if you want half leather/alacantra, or povo spec cloth and no xenons (or aircon afaik) :]

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
The RB's are quite nice when they don't have that wonky stripe on them.
f**k you ;)

Mine is a bog standard 182, but I retrofitted the Cup spoiler, and have Turini's + Eibach Springs, so basically a 182 CSFF (ClioSport Full Fat - everyone bums Turinis). Cup Spoilers you can pick up mint for £100-150, so it's not the be-all and end all.

A non-FF 182 would be more preferable if you want coilovers in the long run, as there are alot more options (the bolt spacing is different between the two).
Or you can just replace the hubs for a pair of 54mm ones.

Just depends whether you want the extra spec or not. The wife has a 182 Cup because climate control confuses her :banghead: and it's got the half leather seats fitted. It was the right car and wasn't worth holding out for a a cup-packed 182.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Another option in the mix is the 182 Trophy - no Xenons or climate (but it does have air con), and it comes with trick Sachs dampers (which need refurbing every Y thousand miles / X years), anthracite Turinis and Recaro Trendlines as standard.

Only 500 were sold in the UK market, all individually numbered.

Capsicum red is the colour (fades to pink).

997.1, Caddy, e208
I have a 182 with cup packs, only the splitter has gone, as have the wheels and the springs. So now I have a Racing Blue 182 with a cup spoiler, crappy bolt spacing on the struts that I can't fit my coilovers from my 172 without changing the hubs.

But, it's Racing Blue.