ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Snapped Spring

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Hey folks,

The drivers side spring snapped on my 182 cup yesterday. I am worried that whatever garage i put it in gets the wrong spring since the springs differ from the 182 and 182 cup?

Does anyone know the part number and ballpark cost for it?

Was debating whether to just get eibach sportlines all round but cant afford it at the moment.

Craig

Lionel Richie
you know what for the cost of 1 spring NEW you'll be better gettng a set of Eibachs

1 spring from renault (red and white markings on it) cira £85

set of Eibachs - £130 with a million mile warranty

no brainer!

oh and don't pay more than 1hour labour to fit ALL 4 springs

mondeo titanium tdci
you know what for the cost of 1 spring NEW you'll be better gettng a set of Eibachs

1 spring from renault (red and white markings on it) cira £85

set of Eibachs - £130 with a million mile warranty

no brainer!

oh and don't pay more than 1hour labour to fit ALL 4 springs

+1 :)

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Is an hour to change all four not a bit optimistic. Where is the cheapest place to get sport lines

Lionel Richie
i don't do it regularly LOL, i bet a customer i could do it in sub 30min (becuase he didn't believe you can do it in an hour, all his local garages had quoted 2-3hours) either i did it in sub 30min or he got the job for free, thats from car being in the car park, into the workshop and back out again ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've seen him do them in a carpark in under an hour. Mad skills.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Is the OS/F spring snapping a common prob with 182's, as I have seen a few on here mine included with snapped springs.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Ordered the Eibach Sportlines today and should be here tomorrow. 140 from Kam Racing. A guy i know is fitting them for £20 a corner. Fair enough price imo. The car isnt driveable just now so i was wondering since i have greenflag cover whether they would recover it to the garage its getting done by? It is within 10 miles so i dont see why not??

Seat Ibiza
^ Don't let him charge you £20 a corner, that's expensive! You can do the rear's in like 5min tops!

Even I managed to do the rears and I'm useless ;)

LOL. I did mine the other day, the fronts weren't much harder.

But £20 a corner is a lot.

If you can do it in an hour thats a fair hourly rate....!

LOL. I did mine the other day, the fronts weren't much harder.

But £20 a corner is a lot.

If you can do it in an hour thats a fair hourly rate....!

Only problem I had with my front's was the top mounts needed a gun as they just spun when i tried to undo them so gave up and took it up to Fred as I had other stuff that needed doing :D

RB 182 cup,astra sri
I know the rears can be done quickly but i know the guy so if it doesnt take as long to do it then he wont charge me that much. He just said it wouldnt be anymore than 80 to fit them. Its not like he is going to do it in 22 mins. I would rather its done right than challenge him to do it in under an hour!

Lionel Richie
if he takes longer than 45min i'll drive up there and give him a slap, i think a backhand from the hip should do