ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup suspension kits ?

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Has anyone managed to find a high quality fast road/race full suspension kit for the 182 cup. Whilst some are listed for the std 182 sport i'm fairly certain the front hubs are different between the std 182 & the cup, particularly the bolt centres. Spax introduced a system about 6 months ago which i bought but they would not fit.It transpires that they developed them on a std 182 & presumed the cup components to be identicle.Any info would be really appreciated. Kev.

Only Gaz do coilovers for the 182 atm AFAIK, although you could go to Leda and get a set made up, group buy happening at the moment.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
lol .... pay twice the amount for a lesser product. Sure, that'll work.

£900 for a leda, amazing deal.

[edit]btw, still love you freddio.

Last edited:
Why do you think that the Leda product is better and the Bilstein product is lesser?

Just out of curiosity?

FYI - not twice the price either...

/y0z

E91 M Sport
revvykev said:
Whilst some are listed for the std 182 sport i'm fairly certain the front hubs are different between the std 182 & the cup

I feel sure that the 182 with cup pack, and the 182 cup are identical in terms of hubs.

I will be paying a visit to GDi in the next couple of weeks to get my Leda coilovers fitted.

Andy is going to take me out in the demo car, hopefully he will let me drive it:evil:. It will be interesting to get a feel for the difference, if there is any, between the two setups.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Ben drove on both, said the ledas were superior and I respect his opinion.

Ledas are £906 ... how much are the Billies ?

You're welcome to have a go in mine when the ledas are on. Manifold is in close proximity of the engine now ;) so the countdown has begun.

y0z2a said:
Why do you think that the Leda product is better and the Bilstein product is lesser?

Just out of curiosity?

FYI - not twice the price either...

/y0z

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
to be totally honest I suspect alot of its down to opionion.

I have the Billies on my car and I like them... they are certainly leauges ahead of other products....

I have not tested the Leda's Yet but suspect that they will also be excellent,

the differences from what I understand are the Ledas are more road biased for everyday use... whereas the Billies on their current setup is more track focus'd....

I use the clio most days and have used it ontrack and was very impressed....

Both are good setups and High quality... and I suspect will be the best available for the 182...

so end of the day its down to person using it...

I would happily sell both, so you have a choice...

Andy

Why do i rate leda better?

Quite simple, their damping characteristics are better.

Sure they might not be all ally or 'monotube'...............but as we've discovered, thats not something you want for a car that will be experiencing a multitude of surface conditions.

And before either of you shout bias, i'm not trying to flog either to anyone, so i'll just give my honest opinion (unlike andy's opi-onion ;) ).

The monotube design and shim stack valving leads to one thing, despite its 'technical' design superiority, and that is narrow range of adjustment. All race cars might use monotubes to cop with heat better, but damper companies also have a support truck around to revalve the dampers. Not exactly an example of adjustability, especially when track condition stay the same, bumps and surface changes are always in the same place and the line stays the same, the small changes still require revalving.

Twin tube design do suffer more from heat capacity overloading, but i highly doubt many people can actually push a damper hard enough to fade even on track given the average drivers abilities. The benefit is the massive range of adjustability on a single damper, from softer than stock to litterally immovable. The quality of the damping on all ranges is superb, rebound is controlled and the car doesnt ocillate. Plus the leda's use a 2.5" rear spring so you have endless choices of off the shelf spring rates and no waiting times, they retain the std rubber sound dampeners and the ride down B roads is so controlled. But they most certainly arent biased towards road use, as they will go harder than the billies. And i've not seen a dyno chart for the billies, but the ledas had such a perfect curve, and the diff speed testing mirrored the curve perfectly.

Factor in cost and the choice becomes easier, for me.

Infact, i bought another set for my other car 30 secs after i drove them (already have them on the scoob), and also for the 3rd car....so all 3 cars are running leda, so i must be really really gay.

Just for arguements sake, thats my opi-onion.

p.s if your really serious and want monotubes, leda has always made them, and they have high/low bump/rebound adjustabulity with remote canisters with yet more shim stacks........depends if you've got over 5 grand though for a pretty dedicated shock.

:D

*sound of short arms waving and yellow hands meeting, emitting what can only be described as ambrosia for the ears*

i forgive you, just noticed the 'i' and 'o' button are next to eachother.....stop typing with your thumbs!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
oh thanks...... perhaps I should stop typing full stop before I say things that could get me into trouble