ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup suspension-technical

182 FFAT
Hi there,

Been looking at the expert section in the renaultsport.co.uk and found out something I wasn't sure about the track in the cup suspension
It seems that the wider track comes from the different offset in the cup anthracite wheels which is ET 45 compared to ET 48(non cup)

here is what allen says :

"Allen responds
Not sure about the weight but the ET is 45 vs. 48 for the standard. HNY Regards,"

I thought it is a good idea to start this thread in order to get things clear about the differences between cup and non cup in the 182 clio's

so to sum it up as far as I know so far the differences are:

-wider track due to the wheel offset
-hub bolt holes spacing-60 mm vs 56 mm in non cup
-stiffer springs and shocks
-3mm lower ride height
-lower ball joint mounting hole is 13 mm vs 10 mm(non cup)

correct me if wrong, and it may be a good idea to measure the wheel offset and other stuff like the ball joint thing to clarify once and for all the cup suspension characteristics as many people keep asking about this (me included ;) )

Da

Less
As far as I know, all 182's across the board are ET45.

The hub bolt spacings are different as the Cups and Cupped car's have strengthened hubs compare with the non-cup cars. (not sure on the technicalities of that though.) They are also up rated as they run about 1 degree more camber vs none Cup packed cars

Ride height is correct and stiffer springs/shocks etc.

No idea on the ball joint - will look into it though.

Last edited:
  182 FFAT
I also knew the offset was 45 in the range, that's another thing worth being measured.
non cup owners please help!
not sure about the extra degree in camber, I remember the cup pack having about 0.6 negative on the front and -1.4 degree in the back, that means positive camber on the front axle for the non cup, which doesn't sound right..
maybe someone could give the exact figures

182 FFAT
interesting to read as there are new things in there about the cup suspension but still not sure if the track is wider in the cup or the reason for this. anyway thanks for the extras ;)