ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Suspension VS Aftermarket

Mazda RX8 231
Im looking to buy a 182 as my rex is costing me far too much money in petrol.

So i wonder, do i purchase a 182 with the cup suspension, or just buy a 182 and upgrade the suspension with maybe K-tec coilies??

How does the cup sus perform in comparison, is it better, worse or does it make little difference?

Thanks
Mike

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
the "Cup" package is much better, you get a better suspension pack which includes the uprated springs which also lowers in about 10mm, You also get a wider track of wheel. Not to mention a larger spoiler and front splitter! Obvioulsy if you go buying coilovers its always going to be an improvement on what ever you have.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
the "Cup" package is much better, you get a better suspension pack which includes the uprated springs which also lowers in about 10mm, You also get a wider track of wheel. Not to mention a larger spoiler and front splitter! Obvioulsy if you go buying coilovers its always going to be an improvement on what ever you have.

But if you get a 182 with cup packs, the options when coming to upgrade are shite.

Mazda RX8 231
Am i correct in thinking you dont have to have both packs? Like, i could find one with the spoiler pack and then do as i please with the easy to upgrade standard suspension?

Golf GTD Mk7
i think if I was to buy again, i'd go for standard 182, and buy some coilovers to suit. Much more options on the standard hub spacing.

Stripped yozza'd cup
As others said, if you have an interest in buying coilovers, definitely buy a non cup packed 182. The options for cup spacing coilovers are very very limited.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Wrong fella, try 3mm lol

^^the "Cup" package is much better, you get a better suspension pack which includes the uprated springs which also lowers in about 10mm, You also get a wider track of wheel.

Can anyone confirm that the track width on either cup or non cupped 182 are exactly the same? I think there the same???

Laguna sport tourer
^^the "Cup" package is much better, you get a better suspension pack which includes the uprated springs which also lowers in about 10mm, You also get a wider track of wheel.

Can anyone confirm that the track width on either cup or non cupped 182 are exactly the same? I think there the same???
the 182 cup/ cup packed has a wider track than the standard 182, the hubs are different and the shocks are at more of an angle, also think the caster angle is greater. the rear track is unchanged though.
however driving both in reality there is not much in it if they both had silver wheels you would be hard pressed to tell them apart