ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Vs Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182 Cup
182 FF = 1110kg

182 cup = 1090kg

(weights from Evo magazine)

I've had mine on the scales and (full of fuel) it came out at the quoted 1090kg.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
renaults weights are dry weight iirc, where as Evo's are wet weights i.e inc oil, water, fluids, fuel etc.

Peddled device
The only thing l don't like about my Cup is the material that covers the seats (seats are great otherwise) and the bleedin' steering wheel. Ever since someone mentioned on here that it was 'big' it has bugged me....and now its getting worn where l hold it and its only done 20k !!! :(

Can the wheel be changed for anything smaller with the same buttons on that won't change the steering feel?

182 Cup
I know what you mean about the size of the wheel, but mine is showing no sign of wear at all (34k)? The only change of steering wheel you could do that would suit your requirements is a 182ff wheel - but I don't think it's that much smaller?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
have had both cars and prefer the dynamique wheel - more feel - the ff wheel is to chucky and melts in the sun!

According to my owners manual, the kerb weight of the Trophy is 1035KG, I assume this is the "dry" weight?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
have had both cars and prefer the dynamique wheel - more feel - the ff wheel is to chucky and melts in the sun!

I agree, in the process of getting a dynamique wheel to replace my 172ff wheel

Regarding wheels, at least with a cup you dont need to worry about the rubber grips splitting and falling off.

Regarding weight with a FF vs cup, cant be much, surely?

Xenon cant be lighter than normal lights
Cloth isnt lighter than leather
Climate isn't heavier than standard air (unit may even be lighter)
any other stuff I've missed?
A speaker or 2 fewer?

Presumably the trophy turninis are significantly lighter and I guess the dampers and recaros must be too.

182 Cup
The recaros are heavy! I doubt there is much weight difference between them and standard seats.

The cups also lost the split fold rear seats and rear headrests, which will be a few kgs. I think that side airbags were also lost?

Total weight difference between the two cars is only 20kg.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Love the way a lot of people say the 182cup was irrelevant, but then think the 197cup is the mutts despite pretty much the same weight saving!

182 Cup
A proper race car pad set up would be nice as ours will only be accurate to the nearest 10kg. When you weigh it make sure you know accurately the amount of fuel in the tank.

C

Cupster

Complete lol @ this thread, they are all the same core car! How many times are people gonna get sucked into these arguments!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
GORDON007.jpg

MISC083.jpg

I love my cup and know its the best of the 182 range :rasp: FULL STOP.... end of thread
___---------------------------------------------------------------------__

Mk2 172
The Trophy was set up by reno specifically for English B roads!

Exactly! and I couldn't see a significant difference on the test drive and I don't think most people would. I don't claim to be an exceptional driver, but I do enjoy a good thrash. Maybe if I thrashed it within a inch of its life down a closed road or something similar maybe I might see the benefits.[/quote]

Nor me. I drove my mates trophy and apart from the seats i prefer my 182 cup wih my AST coilovers. Better drive imo.

Mk2 172
When my 182 cup was weighed at powerstation ready for the AST stuff it had next to no fuel in it and it came out at 1072 kg :)

Trophy is the better car from standard though.

With the 197 prices pushing the 1*2 prices down I would look at a Trophy as they hold there money better

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

Exactly! and I couldn't see a significant difference on the test drive and I don't think most people would. I don't claim to be an exceptional driver, but I do enjoy a good thrash. Maybe if I thrashed it within a inch of its life down a closed road or something similar maybe I might see the benefits.

Nor me. I drove my mates trophy and apart from the seats i prefer my 182 cup wih my AST coilovers. Better drive imo.[/QUOTE]

Agree i have driven a trophy and i couldnt tell the difference either! its all advertising marketing speal sp imo! i prefer my seats too (now) sit much lower! and paid approx 1 thousand pounds cheaper than a trophy would have set me back

Mk2 172
Trophy is the better car from standard though.

With the 197 prices pushing the 1*2 prices down I would look at a Trophy as they hold there money better
Id just buy a megane R26. It would walk all over one. MUCH much better chassis. Brilliant car!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Er, not it's not! I actually measured the wheels, the dynamique wheel is about 2-3cm smaller in diameter. Also has a far thinner rim, and isn't leather, so deffo not the same wheel.

Er, not it's not! I actually measured the wheels, the dynamique wheel is about 2-3cm smaller in diameter. Also has a far thinner rim, and isn't leather, so deffo not the same wheel.

Well the Expression wheel is the same diameter, checked them both before I put the wheel on my car.

Exactly! and I couldn't see a significant difference on the test drive and I don't think most people would. I don't claim to be an exceptional driver, but I do enjoy a good thrash. Maybe if I thrashed it within a inch of its life down a closed road or something similar maybe I might see the benefits.

Nor me. I drove my mates trophy and apart from the seats i prefer my 182 cup wih my AST coilovers. Better drive imo.[/quote]

There isn't a massive different across the RS range however if you take a 182 Cup, add some recaros, lower springs, sach dampers and steering revisions etc... you end up with a better car ofcourse ie. the Trophy.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

agree (not sure about the size issue) but a thinner wheel feels better to drive imo!

182 Cup
There isn't a massive different across the RS range however if you take a 182 Cup, add some recaros, lower springs, sach dampers and steering revisions etc... you end up with a better car ofcourse ie. the Trophy.

Steering revisions? Not heard of any changes they did to the steering?
(Fan of the Trophy by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.