ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Dash Inserts/Glove Box Cover

Picked up my 182 last Saturday - had forgotten just how much I was missing. All the looks, all the mugs trying their luck. Wonderful!

Anyway, the silver dash inserts and the glove box cover are scuffed - any ideas how much replacements would cost and if they are easy to fit yourself?

Cheers.

Matt

tiTTy & SV650

anyone tried trimming these naff looking fake metal trim in leather or alcantara? Or colour coding them like in the v6?

Just out of curiosity

172, Tiguan

If it was like that when you collected the car from the garage it should get replaced.

Chocolate Bar™

if you mean the silver plastic section i have sprayed mine up in metallic silver, and it is a noticeable impovement.

really easy to do as they just pull out:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1105545426__0030.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1101155153__0228.jpg

i got carried away and put an etched momo sticker on in-between lacquers :p but you get the idea.

mine were scuffed down to the plastic (from the previous owner) so i just sanded them smooth, and then just sprayed them with plastic primer, spray can, and then lacquer.

Chocolate Bar™

i was going to get some from renault, and i belive the long trim above the glove box was about £16, and the other was about £9. not exactly sure but thought it was easier to do it meself lol

Quote: Originally posted by Middo on 25 January 2005

i was going to get some from renault, and i belive the long trim above the glove box was about £16, and the other was about £9. not exactly sure but thought it was easier to do it meself lol
what model was that for, and are they sprayed for that ??, i cant believe 182 ones are that cheap

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 25 January 2005

how scuffed are the silver bits,i.e down to plastic
Not too bad on the long one, just taken the surface off really but the other one is cream crackered and down to the plastic. :(

Chocolate Bar™

what model was that for, and are they sprayed for that ??, i cant believe 182 ones are that cheap

that was for the standard silver ones from a billabong.

that was for the standard silver ones from a billabong.

oh, seems quite cheap that