ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 DeCat info please.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hi guys,
Some of you may have remembered my thread when I got a customer atback system from AAS in Newcastle. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97588&highlight=aas

I'm now thinking since I still have over 2 years before my next MOT is due of going decat. I'm taking the car in to AAS next week for them to have a look I just have a few concern.

1) what's the best way of not getting the light coming on, on the dash?
I have read on here that you can tape the 2nd censor up? One guy at AAS says you can maybe put it in a tube or something :eek: ?? But he was a little unsure. He said they done that on a car which had a TT engine.

2) What's this about it running rich or "lean" on fuel is something I will need to worry about :eek:

If there is any advice or information I could that would be much appreciated!

:D thanks! Thomas

Remove the second sensor it shouldn't be plugged in. If its not plugged in it won't throw and error. You need Renault or a good garage to cleaar the log though before it will go away.
Petrols need a fixed amount of air to fuel `14.7 to much fuel than air ir 13.7 air to 1 part fuel means its sligthly rich which has some advanatges ie more power but higher emmisiosn. Running more air ie 15 parts air to one fuel then the engine is more economical but you have other issues occuring.
The engine does ajdust its fueling if you've below 4k and 75% throttle by looking at the first lambeda output and adjusting its fuleing but above 75% throttle or 4k it runs fixed amounts of fuel this is where is you have modificatins the enige can run lean and in extrememcases burn and damage the exhaust valves create terribale emmisions etc.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Thanks for taking the time to type that up mate.
So with the above info in mind do you tihnk it's worth going decat?
Thanks again for the help :)

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Already done that. got a Custom AAS one which has made it much more fun to drive :p sounds really nice. see the link on my first post for link to the thread with the video in it.

Thomss said:
Thanks for taking the time to type that up mate.
So with the above info in mind do you tihnk it's worth going decat?
Difficult to say everyone ideas are different. I persoanly I'm more bothered about handling and brakes and never realy spend on tunning or if I did I'd spend a fortune fixing other thing ie throttle body going to manaul wire.

If you have a 172 though the decat makes a bigger difference than it does to the 182 as the 182 already has a sporties ie less restrictive cat on it. It does make a difference on its own though.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Thanks for the advice dude. I think, maybe for now I'll hold of.
Save for a plasma TV instead :p Thanks again! :D

RenaultSport 182
Just watched that vid you've made, beauty of a sound coming out :D

And I'm almost sure I've seen you flying up and down the coast road.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hmmm you're getting me starting to think again now lol.
I'm booked in for AAS to check it out next Sat. I'll see what they say and check cost etc. If I get it sorted, I'll get some better video's up. :D