ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Engine Emissions Light... Gutted!. NE Scotland Area

Skoda Octavia VRs
My '54 Plate 182 is just out of it's Warranty Period, and got a few outstanding Bits & Bobs sorted out at my Local Dealership just before the Warranty finished... just about to get Discs & Pads stuck on over the next few days... and the Engine Emissions Light came on this morning!... RAGING!!!... :mad:

I had a load of trouble with this problem when the Car was about 6-months old, a Local Dealership replaced both the Upstream & Downstream Oxygen Sensors about 6 or 7 times, and in the end did a bit of work on the ECU, and that eventually seemed to solve the problem... until now.

I took the Plastic Engine Cover off last night in preparation to be rooting about at the Brake Fluid Reservoir when the Discs / Pads are changed, but can't think or any reason that would lead to the Light coming on... Just a pure coincidence I reckon.

The Car had it's first MoT a couple of weeks ago and really did struggle to get through on the Emissions Test (Car is completely standard), just wondering now if that was a sign that things were on the verge of going a bit wonky!.

Will need to get this looked at, can anyone suggest an Independant Garage / Mechanic in the Aberdeen / North East Scotland Area that may be worth a visit, as there is no way I am going to put myself through the hassles of my Local Renault Dealership again...

Cheers folks,
Gav1903

Liquid yellow R26 F1
I'd take it back, and argue the point it's had loads of work done before an the problem wasn't fixed..

Mine (172 cup) went into renault loads as the check engine warning light kept coming on. They said it was because i had a K&N IK.. ??? Muppets.. which i told them was impossible.. turns out a wire of some sort was shorting out.. Which they then fixed and it never cam on again.. hope they didn't just disconect it..

There is a sensor under/near the airbox apparently that can also cause this to come on. Mine did and the sensor had come unplugged, maybe you dislodged something removing the cover?