ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust clean up

182 FF
i had a few hours spare today so i thought id take my back box off and give it a wire brush and a spray with hammerite smooth silver. took me about 1 hour and cost me about a fiver so i think it was well worth it pics attached: before and after:

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 73
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 78
Pics?

I spent an hour yesterday putting tyre gel on my actual tyre tread. It's the little touches isn't it!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i bet it will burn off when you get it hot and blister! not to scare you! but the back boxes get pretty hot :(

182 FF
lol bit of a waste of time then..ill wait and see if it blisters and if it does ill get some heat proof

106 GTi
Posting a thread like this with Paul around is like red rag to a bull .....

Painting geeks lol

182 FF
rich. i have seen your car in the for sale section you of all people should understand the little details matter..lol

106 GTi
rich. i have seen your car in the for sale section you of all people should understand the little details matter..lol

No paint on my back boxes boys!

The painted banter has been going on a long time between me and Rusty Paul!

I agree the little touches make the difference. I would have just bought a new exhaust though tbh.

182 FF
ill go out in it a bit and see if it boubles. xzibit has me a bit worried now tbh.lol. i hope it cant catch fire. not only will i loose my car but ill have to eat my hat too...lol. i never thought that back box would really get that hot.

182 FF
just bin out for about a 30 min drive and it seems to be fine and hasnt bubbled up at all yet. so it might be orite

182 FF
no the car was lowerd 40mm on apex springs but the ride stifness was doing my head in so i put the standard springs back on.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't get it Paul. Why paint the back box, but leave all the other rust on show?? Tut tut.:rasp:

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ha ha ha - hang on just picking my self up off the chair that ive just fallen off! NOT!

Mito Sportiva 135
Have you sprayed your wheels too Paul, they look darker in your photo now?

For an Inferno Cup (not normally my favourite colour!) I have to say do rate yours a lot!