ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust issue

Clio Sport 182 Trophy
Guys my 182 Trophy's exhaust is blowing a bit, guy at work tells me it doesnt sound healthy,

Car is full serviced etc, any ideas what is wrong? has anyone else had this problem?

Advice would be good thanks

DB

BMW M3
Would first check the joint between cat and manifold.

This can be a mare to set right and i still havnt got mine sorted properly.

BMW M3
The bit im talking about is only the clamp section where it joins. If it this, then the exhaust is fine.. just needs tighened and set right.

Although, my local tuning garage couldnt find where it was coming from and eventually i found it at this place. After several attempts to seal it myself, it still hisses.

Would take it into renault and ask them to check if still under warrenty.

Have you fitted any aftermarket exhaust/cat etc...?

Clio Sport 182 Trophy
Whole car is set as standard not touched it at all!

Next service due at 21,000 miles and i am under that so should be under warranty!

DB

BMW M3
Yeah, being a trophy it should still be under.

Can you describe what it sounds like. Does it hiss on load (gunning it from lower revs)? Sound like a tractor at idle or reving etc...?

Clio Sport 182 Trophy
Sounds like a charva car, load at low revs and when you rev it hard in neutral it back fires very slightly!

dont sound healthy at all!

BMW M3
So it hisses on load ?

If its standard, it shouldnt really pop unless your reving when the engine/exhaust is cold.

Clio Sport 182 Trophy
pops after i been driving a little! honestly is bugging me, it used to sound nice but now its sounds a bit rubbish and not right at all!

DB

BMW M3
Right, well it does sound a bit buggered imo.

Would let renault take a look and replace it under warrenty. Or you could buy an aftermarket exhaust.... their cheaper then the std renault one lol

MY10 R35 GTR
lol im in yer club!!!

zorst hisses like fcuk under load from as litte as 3k up, but theres a vibration noise aswell,

i had a look the day at it the zorst is defo dropping at the cat etc, just tryiong to decide if i should take it ti get fixed. or decat the fcuker

v6 mk2
decat it jason!!!!

justin my janspeed still hisses a bit, not annoying enuff to do anything but there all the same eh!

Clio 182 built in Sat Nav
Same thing with my 182. get awful noise about 3000rpm and it idles like a JCB.
Going back to Renault dealer to sort before I get a cat back system fitted.

Adam

Milltek'd 182
have the samething! had my Milltek fitted today and its got worse, with the cat section sitting quite low. dont really know what to do about it!