ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust resonance

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by b0redtodeath on 19 February 2005

I kinda like that resonating sound too, but would love to have something aftermarket like what leeds has. What does it sound like mate?
its not the normal throbbing exhaust note, pissy little resonance Ive only noticed at 2000rpm in 5th, sounds like somethings working lose and about to fall off.

Ahh well I guess Ill end up getting a custom centre section made up at some point in the future, is it just from cat to the back box I take it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Mate just a thought, have a look at the heat shields at the back.

are they still attached?

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 19 February 2005

Mate just a thought, have a look at the heat shields at the back.

are they still attached?
Ill have a look in the morning, bit dark out! Its probably always done it, its just very rare youre cruising at 2000 rpm in 5th! So never heard it before.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Just that mine had come away.

1 big washer later and it was sorted.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 19 February 2005

Just that mine had come away.

1 big washer later and it was sorted.
yeah done that before on my mums fiesta , big mofo washers can be good for some things!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 19 February 2005
what do you think it will cost to swop!

If I did it now not a lot. Mine is currently worth a little less than I paid for it, however F & F isnt as much as it was so the car will be more. Plus Id add the recaros. lol

tiTTy & SV650

Apparently you can get £12500 if you trade in for another 182 or 225 or v6... I only paid £11900 for mine... plus you can get 0% finance now so could work a fly one to get a new car and cheaper finance and save money!

I might pop in and enquire about this, wouldnt mind seeing the what the recaros are like

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I have got no regrets at having a new one put on mine - origional pipes just look ssssooooooo small now in comparison and now that ive had it on for 3 months im stone deaf so the noise dosent bother me either.:)

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 19 February 2005

Apparently you can get £12500 if you trade in for another 182 or 225 or v6... I only paid £11900 for mine... plus you can get 0% finance now so could work a fly one to get a new car and cheaper finance and save money!

I might pop in and enquire about this, wouldnt mind seeing the what the recaros are like
well let us know, i like new cars:)