ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 gearbox into 172 phase 2!! speedo problems!!

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
I have a phase 2 172 and have fitted a 182 engine and gearbox, problem is the 182 takes it's speedo signal from abs and the 172 takes it from a speedo drive on the box. I have a full 182 donar car so have plenty of bits to work with.

Questions are as follows,

can i get away with changing to the 182 abs pump and engine bay wiring so achieve the corect signal and still run the 172 ecu/uch etc?

or

will i have to change the complete loom from the 182 and ecu etc from that car, and thus doing away with the problem completely.

Does anyone have any suggestions or could someone help shed some light on this situation!!

I have no access to autodata so not sure on wiring at this point.

thanks.

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
it's not that simple, i bought this car with no engine or gearbox, i have the other one sitting there so it doesnt cost me anything, all the parts are there and im not afraid of the work or indeed put off by the amount of work required. im just in need of some technical advice on my best way forward or the easiest route to take.

i am totally prepared to take the complete loom and everything from the 182 and fit it into the other car but if some one can tell me an easier option with the parts i have i would greatly appreciate this.

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
I have a phase 2 172 and have fitted a 182 engine and gearbox, problem is the 182 takes it's speedo signal from abs and the 172 takes it from a speedo drive on the box. I have a full 182 donar car so have plenty of bits to work with.

Questions are as follows,

can i get away with changing to the 182 abs pump and engine bay wiring so achieve the corect signal and still run the 172 ecu/uch etc?
NO
or

will i have to change the complete loom from the 182 and ecu etc from that car, and thus doing away with the problem completely.
Yes
Does anyone have any suggestions or could someone help shed some light on this situation!!
​sell some parts off the 182 to pay for a box with speedo drive

I have no access to autodata so not sure on wiring at this point.

thanks.

​owen

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
^ maybe not what i wanted to hear but at least i was prepared for that. Was hoping someone would have come across a simple swap but ah well, i'll have a few extra features on my 172!! LOL!!!