ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 lower grill

Does anyone know if/how you can remove the large grill under the number plate without taking the bumper off. Or is it a bumper off job.

Want to remove it to fit the radar ;laser detector for S6-R

[Edited by Decto on 28 June 2004 at 5:48pm]

drop the plastic trim which goes between the metal skidplate/crossmember and front bumper and you should be able to pop it out without taking the bumper off iirc

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 28 June 2004

wont that be too low down?
Im intending to set it a 5 mm back from the number plate and right underneath.

Radar is will trigger anywhere.

Police guidance for laser is to aim for the number plater and the guy in the shop said to set the detector as close to the plate as possible for best results. I cant stick it above due to the metalwork but I can fit it below by cutting out a few squares of the lower grill.

Ford Fiesta

cool, post some pics when you have done it. I was thinking of getting that detector got gps, but would still want radar and laser. Im using a S5 dashboard mounted on my 182 at the mo.

Ford Fiesta

im sure it will work without you cutting it mate, the holes are quite big and if it works thru glass it will work through all them holes, are you sure you need to cut it?