ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold fitting guide

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you wont be able to get into the guides section because your not a fully paid member.

its a piece of piss, 4 subframe bolts out, both rear subframe brackets off (4 bolts each), drop the suspension off it, subframe will drop down, keep an eye on the PAS pipes, some say unbolt the steering rack but i managed without it. you need to unbolt the little pinch screw on the steering rack, its worth paying the membership to get the guide for this as its too hard to discribe it lol then from the engine bay unbolt the manifold and then under the car wriggle it out cursing and swearing it will eventually come out, refitting is just a reversal of removing it!

ValverInBits
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=313845

My Guide.
I wouldn't descirbe it as a "peice of p1ss", lol. But it's certinally do-able at home. You'll probably want 10 and 13mm ratchet spanners, for the exhaust studs and the rack pinch bolt. There shouldn't need to be any need to unbolt the rack, but make every effort not to stretch your pas pipes too far.

iirc there are 5 subframe bolts on a MK2

ValverInBits
That's right. This is the front gearbox support isnt it?

DSC025021.jpg