ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Needs some new Brakes..

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Ive done a search on '182 brakes' but came back with nothing... so im doing my own thread :approve:

Cars now at 24k and in for her service.. the brakes have lastest me well really having done 2 track days and some semi hard road driving (i am female after all... late brakeing and all that ;))

Im looking to upgrade my brakes as ive never really liked the 182 ones and was wondering what people would suggest as i havent really got a clue

Im looking at the kits on Ktecs site.. dont wana spend TOO much really

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
thats all very technical - where'd you get that stuff from

what are 'uprated pads' brand/price please ;)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Just brought discs (Brembo plain) from GSF (£60) and some mintex pads (£30) going to fit them Friday.

I would say speak to yoz.

But...

lol

Anyway...

PF97 are good when hot but extreme, about £140 I think???
Pagid Blue are very good trackwise but also on the road, about £140
Ferodo DS2500 are also rated, about £85 I think?
Greenstuff, the new version, apparently good for fast road, can't remember prices now

*edit* Just look at the site for probably the best prices you'll get! http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/products.php?cat=10

182 and 5 GTT
yozzasport are best for brake packages. I got brembo disks, ds2500 pads and braided lines an they are very good.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Id be scared Fred/Yoz would send me brakes that would kill me by NOT stopping me... hehe

thanks for the links :D

Bubbles what wrong with the stock pads there not bad some new lines and pads and decient fluid should be fine.

Mondeo STTDCI
Brembo discs, greenstuff pads (soon to have new lines and fluid) work for me.

106 GTi
Anyone know the pros/cons/advantages/differences between the pads suggested on these threads:

Ferodo DS2500
Mintex M1444
Green Stuff

Price aside are any of them better than one another, more track orintated or a bit like tyres everyone has there own fave?

Cheers

Rich

Rich said:
Anyone know the pros/cons/advantages/differences between the pads suggested on these threads:

Ferodo DS2500
Mintex M1444
Green Stuff

Price aside are any of them better than one another, more track orintated or a bit like tyres everyone has there own fave?

Cheers

Rich
I think all three are the same type of compound.
I think the Ds2500s are quite dirst as my front weehsl seem dirty all the time wheras stock pads used to get cleaner after a drive though some water. I'm not totally sure as I've never cleaned the wheels.

106 GTi
Cheers Edde, wont be much in any of them then? I am sure my friend has the DS2500's on his GTi 6 and says there are quite dirty.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
edde said:
I';ve used mine time after time its fine no complans from me apart from the useless cheap seal. Value for money wise my mates £280 jobbie is better but why spend that much if the £10 halfords is upto the job.

Not gonna buy a £280 machine for my car, just wondered if paying a garage each time (prob similar cost to halfords kit) is a better idea.

http://greydevilindustries.com/products/product.asp?id=20423
These look very nice - says none avalible tho :(

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
OK... now im having mixed thoughts..

if stuff goes wrong, it will be so much easier to just give it back to renault for them to sort it out hehe

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Dont worry about uprating the brakes Bubbles, little that can go wrong and shouldn't affect other warrenty claims.

If you drive hard its better to spend on brakes than tuning imo