ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 owners please read

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

im going to start to get prices from dealers for a 182 with both cup packs in artic blue in the next few weeks.

if it is not being to cheaky:oops: could i ask how much you paid and where from? as i can use this to bargin;) with the dealers.

i dont have a trade in and would be paying cash do you think this will help me get it cheaper?

thanks

mark

Ford Fiesta

If you are getting it from a renault dealor enquire about 0% apr finance from RFS thats how mine is getting paid for, saves alot and means you can still get it from a main dealor.

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 25 May 2004

you would get it cheaper if u did it on finance mate, thats where they get their comission from!
You may get a better list price, but in the long run you pay more with interest on the amount youve borrowed. Best time to buy from a dealer is towards the end of the month as they are more likely to want a sale to meet their sales quota. (usually..)

I bought my 182 from the dealer I test drove at.

I found the best internet/any other price and showed that to the dealer and then said I appreciated them providing the car for a test drive and felt it was worth £300 to me for them having the car there for me to drive. They matched the cheapest quote +£300. The dealer told me Renault give dealers assistance to do deals like that.

Incidentally they then gave me the private sale book price on my Focus as PX. I thought they did well and I came out £500 better than I had expected.

£13,153 with Cup suspension, cup spoiler and Metallic paint. from Motorlogix http://www.motorlogix.com/http://www.motorlogix.com/ + £293 fee to Motorlogix, once it is ordered you deal directly with the Renault dealer, it was delivered on time and there was always someone to speak to at the dealer on its whereabouts. Full UK car Alarmed, taxed, AA cover etc. The only other thing is you will have to pick it up from London.

Speak to the manager to do the deal!!!! Hell be interested in cash but the sales guys wont as they wont benefit in the way of commission!!!

Youre in the driving seat as you dont have a part ex and you have the paper stuff!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 25 May 2004

If you are getting it from a renault dealor enquire about 0% apr finance from RFS thats how mine is getting paid for, saves alot and means you can still get it from a main dealor.
Are Renault doing 0% deals on the 182???? over what period???

be lucky fella, but be careful not to launch a dutch auction campaig, or youll not have many friends left at the dealerships. youre looking for around £14k on 0%. Or low 13s with APR, but this works out more expensive in long run.

Let us know how you get on!!!!!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

when i had a test drive in march the salesman said i could get it cheaper with no p/x but never mentioned figures.

if i could get it for £13-13.5 i would be happy

3 years 0% is tempting as i could keep the cash in the bank earning intrest

thanks for the replys

lowest i got from dealer was £14,150 mate - we all want car at lowest possible price, but if they think youre a time waster, you may not even get em that low :) gently gently catchee monkey, or whatever it is they say!

i had a test drive on sunday and got a quote of £13,750 with cup suspesion and cup spoilor pack in arctic blue, on monday i went to the local renault garage and had a chat with them, managed to get it down to £13,400 but i had to order it there and then or it was no deal.

both places told me they would not match internet prices or gray import prices, the 1st garage told me they might knock £100 or £200 more off IF i ordered on the sunday but they would not go any lower, i was hoping to get it down to £13k or less but from what i was told by both places £13,400 seemed a resonable price and i did not want to push my luck anymore, if i had gone to another renault garage and they had been higher then both these prices i would be alittle p*ssed

i think it also depends where abouts in the UK you are but my advice (for what its worth) would be get them to about £13,500 if you can ask if they will hold that price till the next day then goto another renault garage the next day tell them u have a quote of £13,500 and ask if they can beat it if u buy it there and then. If they will not u have a good price if they do beat it just ring the others u and tell them your not intrested anymore

[Edited by blaupunkt on 26 May 2004 at 6:15pm]

yeh true, 1st place i tryed was in chesterfield then the local 1 the nextday.

if i was you just find two localish dealorships goto 1 saturday the other sunday and see what they say..

BTH cos the 1st placed i went to said they might knock 100 or 200 more off the price when i told the local renault garage the quote i got i told them £13,550 not £13,750 it could have backfired on me tho so if you do the same dont expect the same results but i hope you get the same ;)

3 Series xdrive

i Got mine from barkers of preston £11999 + £200 for cup spoiler and wheels £12200 all in and no they are NOT imports full Uk spec with UK warranty..... Bargain

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Daz,

Let me get this right?

You got Cup Suspension/Wheels AND the spoilers for 200 extra? Howd that work? Coz the spoilers are 150pound option without the suspension/wheels pack etc.

3 Series xdrive

I dont think so, unless mine does have the cup suspension and i just didnt know about it!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

wheels only come with the cup suspension, u sure its not import, has it got window etching and cat 1 alarm. If not then it was DEFINITELY pre registered for that price. Thought I had read that barkers were imports though, could be wrong, anybody else had one from there?

lol yes the wheels are part of the suspension package and nothing to do with the spoiler package.

also i dont see how you would not know, cos you dont ordered the wheels you would have ordered the cup spoilers and cup suspension as optional extras.

3 Series xdrive

i didt order the car, they had it in stock along with many others,some with cup packs some without, i phoned up bought it over the phone and went and picked it up the next day.... Simple

im not saying its an import that youve got but iv just read this on their site

Many of the cars sourced will be supplied to the via the UK - in most cases this will mean the car is pre-registered but with delivery mileage. These cars have all the manufacturers UK warranties. The cars are identical to those you will find in a UK showroom.....except for the PRICE!

i went to afew places who buy their cars in this fashiom, motorhouse 2000 for one, they said nothing about cars being imported untill i asked them about having extras fitted they then went on to tell me that if i wanted any extras i would have to do it after i had brought the car as they buy all there cars straight form the dealors and you can only buy what they have.. i said are they impors then and he says yes.

he would not have told me they were imported though if i had not asked :cry:

EDIT:

has actual words were *yes all are cars are imports*

[Edited by blaupunkt on 27 May 2004 at 8:11pm] <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by blaupunkt on 27 May 2004 at 8:12pm]

just found even more stuff on the site..

this

Cars supplied to Europe ar to UK Technical Specification but may in certain cases have a difference in trim level (eg. Clio 172 no alarm) than those supplied from a UK dealer. All of our brand new unregistered cars benefit from the manufacturers full warranty, which is a minimum of 12 months and in some cases up to 36 months (eg. Renault x3yrs.

and this

All documentation regarding the vehicles, including the handbook pack, is relevant to the UK. Since the vehicle is first registered in the UK, the registration documentation does not show any reference to the vehicle having been imported and hence is exactly the same as that of a UK supplied vehicle.

maybe im reading this wrong but to me they are imports but regd as uk cars ?:confused:

3 Series xdrive

at £12200 with all the toys and warranted up for 3 years they can call them what they want!

I know what i call them, BARGAIN!!!

Saved myself about £2000 on what my local renault dealers wanted for the same car.

3 Series xdrive

technically its not an import if its a uk registerd car at point of first registration,came off the same boat from france as the ones going to the local renault dealerships.

what colour have you got daz?

Got it in silver,didnt fancy any of the others

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by daz182 on 27 May 2004

technically its not an import if its a uk registerd car at point of first registration,came off the same boat from france as the ones going to the local renault dealerships.
not if its an import, all uk cars go to the import centre first to have the cat 1 alarm fitted and security window etching to be done. Its the cat 1 alarm which is important for the insurance.

All I want to know is whether it is or not for my personal knowledge, nothing else, not getting at you at all. Just interested to know if they are from barkers?

dk

911 GTS Cab

sorry, meant to say just interested to know whether they are selling imports aswell mate