ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 problem list

just been down to my friendly local renault dealer for the first time since new (8 months) with my "wee list of problems", booked in for a couple of weeks time

Off centre steering wheel (since new)
Clicky clutch
Clunky top engine mount
creaky suspension on full lock
possible blowing exhaust
occasional spongy brakes.
What are my chances of getting these fixed then? I reckon not good - the guy at the reception desk was rolling his eyes as i read off the list.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Its possible. But when refering to a renault dealer they are sure to try&get away with only doing a few or saying that some are just natural.

ive already been told that the creaking is natural. for those who have had leaky exhausts, whats it like? Mine seems excessively noisy over 4k RPM,

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by CMRsi on 05 April 2005
just been down to my friendly local renault dealer for the first time since new (8 months) with my "wee list of problems", booked in for a couple of weeks timeOff centre steering wheel (since new)Clicky clutchClunky top engine mountcreaky suspension on full lockpossible blowing exhaustoccasional spongy brakes.What are my chances of getting these fixed then? I reckon not good - the guy at the reception desk was rolling his eyes as i read off the list.

creaky suspension is on all of them, as is clicky clutch so I wouldnt even bother mentioning those, the engine mount is an easy fix and is posted on here, the brakes, well lots of people complain about this but unless you have been driving it very hard and have done a few track days to kill htem you are maybe not getting them warm enough or need to push the pedal harder, they really do start to bite.

the steering wheel should get sorted even though thye will probably say you hit a curb to do that as its 8 months old and the exhaust, Lee is your man to see whether it is a problem as he is the 182 exhaust king!

thanks for the advice, have been meaning to book it in for the steering and engine mount for months, but cant do without the car. I thought i may as well get other things looked at while in. i hate driving with the wheel off centre.