ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Replacement drivers side drive shaft where's the best place to get one?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had a passenger side off them that was on the car 18 months in my ownership, was spot on.

@bloke probably uses them quite a bit too. Maybe.

PH2 172
The gaiter has a tiny split in it but will be an MOT failure so looking to replace whilst gearbox is out.

Found this one here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-...528995?hash=item1e692c49a3:g:DssAAOSw3fZaPa~S

Anyone use this company or should I just bite the bullet and get one from Renault/Ktec?

Car is a 182 non Cup

People have had varied experiences of J&R.

I have a Shaftec R218AR that has now covered 35K miles with no problems, bought from a branch of Andrew Page motor factors over 4 years ago for £72 I/c VAT.

Shop around, as eBay sellers seem expensive to me.

Exchange Renault part from Ktec is £152 I/c vat. 8200352042

dan's cast offs.
If split is small just glue it.

Used j&r for years, had one boot that split after short while but fine other than that. Know plenty of people in the trade who use them as well. Only downside if you have a technical queerie they are next to useless!!!!!

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for the responses, the gaiter is in good condition except for the small split so I'll try gluing it. Just need to pass the MOT as the car only goes up and down Harewood hillclimb