ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 starter motor problem

black/gold 182
my clio failed to start last week, finally got a chance to look at it tonite, the SM itself is fine it appers to be the small wire above it, which i think is for the solenoid (correct me if im wrong) but when that is 'wiggled' it starts. just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem, as i cannot get to the wire terminal to sort it, and would appreciate a method of getting down there. any help appreciated, cheers

this is a common prob with most cars, it gets a film with age on the terminal and causes a bad connection, you need to remove the exciter wire clean up the terminal and refit

black/gold 182
u have any idea what the best way of getting in there to get it off is? just so tight down the back of engine.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ from underneath, you can see everything from under there, if you have the undertray then might be worth just to pop it off,

black/gold 182
bin underneath, the driveshaft gets in the way also wires are in top, or you mean thats where the motor can cum out?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ye obvious driveshaft are there but you still have more room and can see it better from underneath,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ye, drop it from the top and rest it on the subframe then go underneath and bolt it in place properly, thats what i did recently

black/gold 182
ure making this sound very easy 'drop it down' lol, and the bolts are on the top? did you do it on a 1*2

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye i did, i have done a conversion so i have had plenty of practice with the engine etc lol,

What i found out that each time i was leaning over the front to reach down it was hurting my back, so decided to go under sinde i had some stuff to do down there and found it much easier to bolt it in properly, and connect the connectors